Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and wearing a face covering.
Thursday, August 6
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park. Social Distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Visit the Sugar Creek Art Center’s First Thursday Opening Exhibition in Thorntown from 5 – 9 p.m. See works by Indiana Wildlife Artists, visit with the Boone County Humane Society folks and grab dinner from JC Cocina. Please wear a face covering and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Enjoy live music by Still the Same at Parky’s Smokehouse in Lebanon from 6 – 8:30 p.m.
Friday, August 7
- Pick a bouquet of Zinnias, Cornflowers and Cosmos at Dull’s Tree Farm U-Pick Flowers in Mechanicsburg from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.n& 4 – 7 p.m. Be sure to bring a vase. Small bouquet – $5 / Large bouquet $12
- Peruse the Tomorrow’s Artists Spanish Masters Art Show at CV Art and Frame in Zionsville from 4- 8 p.m.
- Enjoy a night of Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown beginning 5 p.m. $20 per carload. Proceeds benefit Progress House.
- Get fit with Yin Yoga in the Park from 6 – 7 p.m. at Lebanon Memorial Park Bandstand. Yin is a very restorative class that stretches the deeper layers of muscles and fascia. Great for chronic illnesses with joint pain! Cost: $15
- Magic the Gathering fans can join in a Chaos Draft tournament at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m. $15 per entry.
- Grab a bite to eat and your favorite beverage and enjoy a night filled with the live music of Brett Wiscons at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown. $10 cover.
Saturday, August 8
- Artists will gather in the Village of Zionsville for the annual Plein Air Paint Out.
- Stretch and destress with Blooming Life Yoga at Lions Club Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. (8 – 9 a.m. for high risk individuals) at Zionsville Town Hall. Social Distancing Guidelines will be followed. Check their Facebook page for information on pre-ordering from the vendors.
- Check out the WiseWood Farm Market from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Donaldson Finer Chocolate’s AND the Powell Street Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. in Lebanon.
- Pick up fresh veggies and more during the Jamestown Farmers’ Market at the Pleasant Acres Nature Park from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Grab a pencil and paper and join in Saturday Scribbles with Hussey Mayfield Public Library. This is a casual art tutorial series where you can learn techniques from character design to zentangle patterns. Each Saturday a new tutorial will be posted at 11 a.m.
- Pick a bouquet of wild flowers at U Pick Flowers at WiseWood Farms in Lebanon from 12 – 4 p.m. Bring your own jars or purchase one for $3. $5 – 10 per bunch.
- Enjoy the music of the Jazz Duo at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Support the annual Battle of the BBQ with their new socially distanced drive through service at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning from 5 – 7 p.m. Meals will include sandwich, chips, apple sauce and water. A free will offering will benefit the Boone County Cancer Society.
- Go “old school” and treat your kids to a movie at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Inside Out and Black Panther are showing Saturday & Sunday. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Sunday, August 9
- Enjoy Sunday Funday Game Day at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown from 1 – 9 p.m. There will be board games, card games, corn hole and TVs set up with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. All ages welcome!
- Be a part of the Murder Mystery Wine Evening at The Cork and Barrel in Whitestown beginning at 5 p.m. $58 per person, includes three courses of food and wine pairings, tax & tip. There is limited seating, so be sure to RSVP!