Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, May 30
- Kick off your kid’s summer break at Lebanon’s Seashore Water Park. Pool hours are 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Meet the Whitestown Police Chief, canine officers and check out the motorcycles and police cars at Walker Farms Pool from 6 – 8 p.m. (rescheduled from last week)
- Learn how to make sushi rice and sauces and how to combine them into a perfect sushi roll at Hopwood Cellar’s Sushi Making Class in Zionsville. $40 per person. The class begins at 6 p.m. and registration required.
- Join Lara Chapman as she opens the summer music season at Cobblestone in Zionsville from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Come on in for Creative Adventure Night with our guests from the Bisque Barn at Books & Brews in Zionsville They will bring all the supplies and tools along with their expertise to lead you through making your own piece of creative fun. The creativity begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Meet a local celebrity at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library! Beginning at 7 p.m., Boone County’s own Lori Rader-Day will talk about her latest mystery, the Edgar Award-nominated Under a Dark Sky, and the writing process. Registration required.
- Get your friends together for some laughs at the Lebanon Comedy Invasion Part Deux hosted by People’s Revel Room. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $19.
Friday, May 31
- Join in the fun at the Gamer’s Guild at the Lebanon Public Library. Video and board games from 3 – 6 p.m. Free popcorn!
- Enjoy the music of Natalie Nickless at The Scoop in Zionsville from 6:30 – 9 p.m.
- Bring your friends for a night of music and wine with the Jazz Elements Trio at the Hopwood Summer Concert Series in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Enjoy the music of JP Kennedy on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 1
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Bring your girlfriends for Women’s Fly Fishing 101 at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. This free class begins at 9 a.m. and rsvp’s are requested.
- Explore the First Saturday Antique and Vintage Market from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Boone County Uniques in Advance.
- Put your kids in the drivers seat at Touch A Truck from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. This hands-on event offers opportunities for children to EXPLORE, CLIMB and TOUCH trucks, emergency response vehicles, heavy machinery and other equipment.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- Join in celebrating our community’s trail system on National Trails Day. Meet at Starkey Nature Park in Zionsville at 10 a.m. for a community hike.
- Purchase fresh produce and other homemade goods at the Jamestown Farmers’ Market from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Join local author Ana Johns for a book talk and signing of The Woman in the White Kimono at Black Dog Books in Zionsville from 1 – 3 p.m.
- Get your pets chipped at the Humane Society of Boone County Chip Blitz from 1 – 4 p.m. Lebanon Veterinary Clinic, Thorntown Veterinary Clinic and Zionsville Animal Hospital will chip your pet for a reduced fee of $20. No appointment necessary.
- Bring a friend for Yu-Gi-Oh! Instore Play at Friendly City Games in Lebanon. The games begin at 2 p.m.
- Bring your friends for a night of music and wine at the Hopwood Summer Concert Series in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Enjoy the music of Rosie Inman at The Scoop in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Come hang out and sing along with Common Grounds at Books & Brews in Zionsville beginning at 8 p.m.
- Sing your hearts out at First Saturday’s Karaoke Night at That Sports Bar in Lebanon. The singing begins at 10 p.m.
Sunday, June 2
- Enjoy Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon beginning at 4:30 p.m.