Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and wearing a face covering.
Thursday, August 27
- Visit the Lines and Layers: Charm Club Quilts Exhibition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. or view the virtual tour.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park. Social Distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Experience the last night of the Collaborative Animal Wildlife Exhibition at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. Enjoy Studio tours, the gift shop and Food by JC Cocina.
- Enjoy a live streamed performance by David Ross at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Sing along during Karaoke Night at That Sports Bar in Lebanon. The fun begins at 7 p.m.
Friday, August 28
- Join in a Facebook Live discussion to learn about the Epic Journey of the Monarchs and how they embark on one of the most amazing migrations in the world. This program will be led by Zion Nature Center and begins at 10 a.m.
- Pack a picnic and attend Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. $20 per car. Proceeds benefit Servants at Work and the Westfield Playhouse.
- Get fit with Yin Yoga in the Park from 6 – 7 p.m. at Lebanon Memorial Park Bandstand. Yin is a very restorative class that stretches the deeper layers of muscles and fascia. Great for chronic illnesses with joint pain! Cost: $15
- Enjoy some of Chicago Land’s famous eats and listen to the Live Music of Shane Rodimel at Rush on Main in Zionsville. Music begins at 8 p.m.
- Go “old school” and treat your kids to a movie at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Sunday features are “A Dolphin Tale” and “A Dog’s Purpose.” $25 per carload.
Saturday, August 29
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. (8 – 9 a.m. for high risk individuals) at Zionsville Town Hall. Social Distancing Guidelines will be followed.
- Stretch and destress with Blooming Life Yoga at Lions Club Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Join women from throughout Boone County and help build the walls for the 2020 Women’s Build at the Boone County Fairgrounds – Annex parking lot. The build begins at 9 a.m. Be sure to register online and wear a mask!
- SOLD OUT – Stroll through arts, crafts and food booths during Brick Street Market in Zionsville. This is a ticketed event with social distancing guidelines in place. Face coverings are required.
- Check out the WiseWood Farm Market from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Donaldson Finer Chocolate’s AND the Powell Street Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. in Lebanon.
- Grab a pencil and paper and join in Saturday Scribbles with Hussey Mayfield Public Library. This is a casual art tutorial series where you can learn techniques from character design to zentangle patterns. Each Saturday a new tutorial will be posted at 11 a.m.
- Come to Hopwood Cellars Winery and enjoy wine and the live music of Kendall/Purdy beginning at 2 p.m. Inside and outside seating available.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and the live music of Jon Shoulders at Cork and Barrel in Whitestown from 7 – 10 p.m.
- Rock out with Metallica at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In during this exclusive concert recorded exclusively for drive-in theater’s across America. The show begins at 8:40 p.m. Be sure to purchase your tickets in advance.
Sunday, August 30
- Bring the family for food, fun and table top games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Enjoy Sunday Funday Game Day at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown from 1 – 9 p.m. There will be board games, card games, corn hole and TVs set up with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. All ages welcome!