Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and wearing a face covering.
Thursday, August 20
- Visit the Lines and Layers: Charm Club Quilts Exhibition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville between 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. or view the virtual tour.
- Save a life by donating blood at Witham Health Services Anson in Whitestown from 11 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Appointments can be made here.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park. Social Distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Decorate five themed cookies at the Cookie Decorating Class at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville beginning at 5:30 p.m. $56.50 pp.
- Look for The Cork and Barrel at Serenity Tea Room in Zionsville as they continue weekly nights out with dinner, drinks and music. Enjoy dinner on the patio.
Friday, August 21
- Gather your favorite wild flowers at Dull’s Tree Farm U-Cut Flowers from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 – 7 p.m. Hours also available on Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. $5-$12
- Pack a picnic and attend Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. $20 per car. Proceeds benefit Indiana Hands & Voices.
- Get fit with Yin Yoga in the Park from 6 – 7 p.m. at Lebanon Memorial Park Bandstand. Yin is a very restorative class that stretches the deeper layers of muscles and fascia. Great for chronic illnesses with joint pain! Cost: $15
- Join in a Magic The Gathering Chaos Draft Tournament at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m. $15 entry fee.
- Bring a chair and enjoy the music of CopyKatz during Summer Nights on the Plaza in downtown Lebanon from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Join Paint and Party and The Heart of Lebanon at 7 p.m. for Paint with Bob Ross on the Square. $30 pp
- Go “old school” and treat your kids to a movie at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. This weekend will feature The Wizard of Oz and Twister. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, August 22
- Check out classic cars during Cars & Coffee at Lions Club Park in Zionsville from 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Experience Yoga on the Farm with Indiana Yoga Studio at Heavenly Acres Farm in Thorntown beginning at 9 a.m.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. (8 – 9 a.m. for high risk individuals) at Zionsville Town Hall. Social Distancing Guidelines will be followed. Check their Facebook page for information on pre-ordering from the vendors.
- Stretch and destress with Blooming Life Yoga at Lions Club Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Do you have chemicals, cleaners, and electronics you need to recycle or dispose of properly? Bring them to the Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Collection at the Zionsville Municipal Building between 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Check out the WiseWood Farm Market from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Donaldson Finer Chocolate’s AND the Powell Street Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. in Lebanon.
- Pick up fresh veggies and more during the Jamestown Farmers’ Market at the Pleasant Acres Nature Park from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Grab a pencil and paper and join in Saturday Scribbles with Hussey Mayfield Public Library. This is a casual art tutorial series where you can learn techniques from character design to zentangle patterns. Each Saturday a new tutorial will be posted at 11 a.m.
- Explore the “Animal & Wildlife Art Exhibition” and visit the gift shop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Save a life by donating blood at the American Legion Post 410 Blood Drive in Whitestown from 4 – 7 p.m. Make your appointment here. The Legion will also be hosting a dinner of BBQ Ribs and Chicken with sides. All blood donors will receive a 20% discount!
- Bring the kids to Movie Night in the Park at Tom Johnson Park in Thorntown. Water fun with Thorntown Fire Department begins at 7:30 p.m. and Bingo at 8 p.m. The feature movie is Playing with Fire, starring John Cena.
Sunday, August 23
- Join the Indianapolis 500 Viewing Party at Rush on Main in Zionsville beginning at 11 a.m.
- Bring the family for food, fun and table top games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Join the Indianapolis 500 Viewing Party at That Sports Bar in Lebanon. The fun beginning at 1 p.m.
- Watch the 104th running of the Indianapolis 500 in the comfort of your own home! Coverage begins at 1 p.m. and the green flag will drop at 2:30 p.m.
- Enjoy Sunday Funday Game Day at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown from 1 – 9 p.m. There will be board games, card games, corn hole and TVs set up with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. All ages welcome!
- Make a Wine Glass Succulent at The Cork and Barrel in Whitestown from 2 – 4 p.m. Includes 2 succulents and a glass of wine or a tasting flight of 4 wines. $45 pp.