Thursday, October 7
- Enjoy an afternoon at Dull’s Pumpkin Harvest at Dull’s Tree Farm near Mechanicsburg from 1 – 7 p.m.
- Celebrate the opening of the October Art Exhibition “From the Mountain Tops to the Ocean Depths” at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. This animal themed exhibition will feature work by wildlife artists, as well as local and resident artists.
- Stop by the 1830 Chophouse in Lebanon for live music and fall cocktails from 5:30- 7:30pm
- Join in Poetry on Brick Street at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. Featured poet Rebecca Kai Dotlich will read from her new book “A Field Guild to the Heart”. Open mic to follow.
Friday, October 8
- Celebrate the StoryWalk at Elm Street Green in Zionsville at 10 a.m. The program features the new book Night Becomes Day Changes in Nature by Cynthia Argentine. Activities will include simple science experiments from volcanoes erupting to melting ice.
- Bring the little ones to Story Time at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Enjoy an afternoon at Dull’s Pumpkin Harvest at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg from 1 – 7 p.m.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Take the kids to M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg for an old-fashioned drive-in movie night. Box office opens at 7:00 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, October 9
- Run or walk during the Hit the Bricks 5K at Zionsville High School. The race kicks off at 8 a.m. $20 – $35 donation
- Join in the Tails on the Trails Dog Walk Group at Elm Street Green in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m.
- Check out Farm Days at Wonder Tree Regenerative Farm in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. There will be chicks, ducks, goats, donkeys, piggies, horse rides, cotton candy, desserts, refreshments, and freedom to explore the countryside. $10 per car
- Have fun with the family at the Dull’s Tree Farm Pumpkin Harvest near Mechanicsburg from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and live music at Hopwood Winery & Distillery in Zionsville from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Join a Naturalist on the World Migratory Bird Day Hike at Starkey Nature Park in Zionsville beginning at 3 p.m. Bring a pair of binoculars. Be sure to register.
- Enjoy the “Tales, Mystery and Imagination” Concert by the Boone County Youth Orchestra at the Boone County Courthouse in Lebanon beginning at 5 p.m.
- Don’t be a scaredy cat and come out for the final Movies in the Park at Main Street Park in Whitestown. The Addams Family is the featured movie. Hay rides, pumpkins, and fang-tastic activities will also be creeping their way into Main Street Park beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 10
- Enjoy the Fall Festival at Access Church in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. There will be be inflatables, face painting, a petting zoo, pony rides, Silly Safari Show, Thomas the Train rides, pumpkin painting, family photo sessions, catered BBQ, a snow cone truck and more!
- Calling all little royals! Join in a sing-a-long performance and lovely picnic during Princesses in the Park at Anson Acres in Whitestown at 11 a.m. or 1 p.m. After the show, enjoy a personal visit to your picnic blanket by the Princesses. $10 pp
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Create a new family tradition at Dull’s Tree Farm Pumpkin Harvest near Mechanicsburg from 1 – 7 p.m.
- Bring your pets of all shapes and sizes to the Blessing of the Animals at Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown. Pets will receive a special blessing to celebrate the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi at 6 p.m.
- Start your Thanksgiving Day off to a great start at the ZGravy or LGravy Chase benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Be part of the magic and play at Mulberry Fields Park Magical Park in Zionsville through October 31. The Magical Park turns a normal park into a digital fantasy land and playground that encourages kids and families to explore a virtual world. Click on the link to learn more!