Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, July 29
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Check out the Barns & Brews event at Maplelawn Farmstead in Zionsville beginning at 6:30 p.m. Take Flight Wildlife will offer a live raptor demo and share information on birds of prey found in agricultural areas. Also, guests will enjoy drinks from Ash & Elm Cider. $14.50 pp. Must register in advance.
Friday, July 30
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Go back in time as you explore The Escape Trail at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg. $12-$20 pp (Friday & Saturday)
- Kick off the school year at the Witham Family YMCA’s Back to School Bash in Lebanon from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. All are invited to enjoy the bounce house, pick up a free book & school supplies, get a treat from the Kona Ice Truck and more!
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, and music at this family friendly event. $40 per car.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Kick-off your weekend at the Summer Concert Series featuring the music of Toy Factory at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. The doors open at 6 p.m. and music begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free of charge. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs.
- Check out the Vintage Camper Rally Under the Lights in downtown Lebanon beginning at 6 p.m. This family friendly event will feature vintage campers, S’mores and Yard Games, as well as Music on the Plaza featuring the music of Moonshine Mary at 7:30 p.m.
- Head to Mechanicsburg to watch a movie “old school style” at Mel’s at the Starlite Drive-In. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 a carload
Saturday, July 31
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Check out Farm Day at Wonder Tree Regenerative Farm in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. There will be chicks, ducks, goats, donkeys, piggies, horse rides, cotton candy, desserts, refreshments, and freedom to explore the countryside. $10 per car
- Stock up at the Wisewood Farm Produce Stand at Donaldson’s Finer Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and then pick up a sweet treat for the trip home.
- Meet local author’s during the Local Author Book Signing at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Visit the Heritage Museum and learn about the history of Thorntown from 11 – 4 p.m. or check out the art exhibitions and gift shop at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and live music at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville from 2 – 4 p.m.
Sunday, August 1
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Take in some baseball games during Townball at the Benge! at the Virgil Benge Community Sports Complex in Jamestown. Pittsboro vs. Thorntown at 1 p.m. & Lebanon vs. Jamestown at 4:15 p.m.
- Join in the Self Love Book Club with Dr. Lane at Eden Family Practice in Thorntown at 3 p.m. This month’s book is “The Biology of Belief.”
- Enjoy the Sunday Summer Concert featuring tunes by Swing Shift Indy at Lions Park in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Take the family to Seashore Waterpark in Lebanon or get wet at one of the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park, Main Street Park or Mulberry Fields.
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Check out the Hussey Mayfield Public Library Summer Reading Puzzle Paths in Whitestown & Zionsville.