Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, July 22
- Check out the Boone County 4-H Fair. Today’s activities include the Boone County Extension Homemakers Open Show, Young McDonald’s Farm, llama/alpaca show, dog showmanship judging, livestock auction, Latting Rodeo, inflatables, great fair food and more!
- Save a life by donating at the 4-H Clovers Blood Drive from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Boone County Fairgrounds. Schedule your appointment here.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Help keep the Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown weed free! Volunteers are needed to help pull weeds beginning at 6 p.m. Be sure to bring gloves and trowels.
- Experience the Latting Rodeo at the Boone County Fairgrounds beginning at 7 p.m.
Friday, July 23
- Get “catty” at the 4-H Cat Show at the Boone County Fairgrounds beginning at 9 a.m.
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Go back in time as you explore The Escape Trail at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg. $12-$20 pp (Friday & Saturday)
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, and music at this family friendly event. $40 per car. Proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County & ZWorks.
- Check out Brewz on the Plaza in downtown Lebanon beginning at 6 p.m. Klooz Brewz’ special KBZ Beer Garden will feature 6 brews on tap, as well as handKrafted soda’s available in bottles for the littles.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Kick-off your weekend at the Summer Concert Series featuring the music of Hyryder at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. The doors open at 6 p.m. and music begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free of charge. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs.
- See what it’s like to be hawk-eyed or falcon-fast during Take Flight Wildlife Education at Hussey Mayfield Public Library (5th Street grassy area) beginning at 6:30 p.m. RSVP required.
- Go to the IN Pulling League Tractor & Truck Pull at the Boone County Fairgrounds. The event begins at 7 p.m.
- Enjoy a night of fabulous music from Moonshine Mary during Music on the Plaza in downtown Lebanon beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Head to Mechanicsburg to watch a movie “old school style” at Mel’s at the Starlite Drive-In. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 a carload
Saturday, July 24
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Learn to Fly Fish at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. This free class begins at 9 a.m. Be sure to rsvp!
- Western Boone students are invited to attend the School Jam at Granville Wells Elementary School from 9 – 11 a.m. There will be free hair cuts, gym shoes and school supplies.
- Meet at Gateway Park in Whitestown and Bike with a Cop beginning at 10 a.m. Be safe and wear a helmet!
- Check out Farm Day at Wonder Tree Regenerative Farm in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. There will be chicks, ducks, goats, donkeys, piggies, horse rides, cotton candy, desserts, refreshments, and freedom to explore the countryside. $10 per car
- Stock up at the Wisewood Farm Produce Stand at Donaldson’s Finer Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and then pick up a sweet treat for the trip home.
- Meet, Greet, and Support our Local Authors at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Have fun at the Back to School Bash at Lebanon Memorial Park from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Activities include free school supplies & haircuts, clothing pantry, inflatables, food trucks, free admission to Seashore Water Park and more!
- Visit the Heritage Museum and learn about the history of Thorntown from 11 – 4 p.m. or check out the art exhibitions and gift shop at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, July 25
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Join in a light-hearted bonding experience with the kids during Family Yoga at Honor Yoga in Zionsville beginning at 4:30 p.m. $25 per family. Be sure to register!
- Check out the Anything Goes, Car, Bike & Truck Cruise In at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 5 – 8 p.m. (Ages 21+)
- Enjoy the Sunday Summer Concert featuring Broadway’s Greatest Hits performed by the Indianapolis Municipal Band at Lions Park in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Take the family to Seashore Waterpark in Lebanon or get wet at one of the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park, Main Street Park or Mulberry Fields.
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Check out the Hussey Mayfield Public Library Summer Reading Puzzle Paths in Whitestown & Zionsville.