Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, July 1
- Bring the kids to the Thorntown Public Library for Songs with Mr. Daniel beginning at 2 p.m. Ages 7 and younger.
- Experience the First Thursdays Opening Night, Nifty Fifty, at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. This evening of artistic fun will also include music, dine-in option, and a chance to view the Fifty Nifty 50 State Flowers Collection and States-themed work by Local Artists!
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Order carryout meals from local restaurants and visit nearby businesses during Night on the Bricks in downtown Zionsville from 5 – 9 p.m. The Zionsville Chamber of Commerce asks that attendees wear masks and bring their own chairs. Tables will be preset and the Chamber will change the tablecloths between users.
- Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the Tri Kappa Music Fest in Lebanon Memorial Park. Local musical, dance and performance groups will provide an evening of entertainment beginning at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy two poetry readings in Zionsville:
- Poetry Reading & Book Signing at Black Dog Books beginning at 5 p.m. Poet and artist Rosaleen Crowley will read from her selection of poetry.
- Poetry on Brick Street at SullivanMunce Cultural Center at 7 p.m. Eugene Gloria, John Rabb Emison, Professor of Creative and Performing Arts and English Professor at DePauw University, is the featured poet.
Friday, July 2
- Bring the kids to Summer Song, a musical story time, at Elm Street Green in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m.
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Go back in time as you explore The Escape Trail at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg. $12-$20 pp (Friday & Saturday)
- Visit the Wisewood Farm Produce Stand at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 6 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $40 per car. Proceeds benefit Heart & Soul Free Clinic and Hemophilia Indiana.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Kick off your weekend at one of these free concerts:
- Summer Concert Series featuring the music of DUDE! at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. The doors open at 6 p.m. and music begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free of charge. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs.
- Summer Concert on the Lawn at Azionaqua in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. This week’s featured band is The Rhythm Section.
- Concert in the Park at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning at 8 p.m. Lebanon’s own, Tim Neuman is the featured musician.
Saturday, July 3
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Decorate your bike for the Star Spangled Pedal Parade at Lebanon Memorial Park. and take a lap or two around the park, led by Lebanon’s Police and Sheriff Heroes! The fun begins at 1:30 p.m. Contest and prizes for best decorated bike.
- Celebrate at the Whitestown Independence Day Celebration at Eagle Church in Whitestown from 5 – 11 p.m. There will be a Kids Zone, food, ice cream, live music, and fireworks.
- Take the family to Seashore Waterpark in Lebanon or get wet at one of the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park, Main Street Park or Mulberry Fields.
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Check out the Hussey Mayfield Public Library Summer Reading Puzzle Paths in Whitestown & Zionsville.
Sunday, July 4
- Start your 4th of July celebration off with a running start at the Big Boom 4th of July 5K in Zionsville beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Find a spot along the parade route and watch the Boone County 4th of July Parade in Lebanon beginning at 1 p.m. Then enjoy some rides and cotton candy at the Poor Jack Carnival in Lebanon Memorial Park.
- Join in the July 4th Celebration at Lions Club Park in Zionsville. Music, Kids Corner, Bouncy Houses, and food begin at 5 p.m. Fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Meet your friends at the July 4th Celebration at Old Union Church in Jamestown. The picnic and games begin at 7 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
- Enjoy the Boone County Fireworks Show in Lebanon beginning at 10 p.m.