Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County, Indiana this weekend!
Thursday, August 18
- Visit the Whitestown Farmers Market from 5-8 pm at Main Street Park. This week’s theme: Car Seat Clinic.
- Bring your teddy bears to the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library for a special story time at 1 pm and leave them with the librarians for an adventure-filled slumber party. The next morning when you pick them up, they’ll have special photos to share with all their antics and adventures. Ages 3 – 6.
- Take part in a break-in box program, Cipher’s Chaos for grades K-2 at 3:15 pm in the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library. Tween Break-In for grades 3-5 takes place at 4:30 pm, more info here.
- Have you ever seen a turtle sunning itself on a log? Stop by outside of the Hussey-Mayfield Library and visit the Zionsville Nature Center reptiles as they get to enjoy the beautiful summer day from 11 am – noon.
Friday, August 19
- Take in a night of classic rock music with the Heart of Lebanon Summer Nights event, featuring Fast Cadillac under the lights on Meridian Street from 6:30 -8:30 pm.
- Enjoy a sunset polo match at Hickory Hall Polo Club from 6 pm – 9 pm. Gates open at 5 pm with an airplane flyover at halftime with a candy drop! Cost is $40 per carload (cash only).
Saturday, August 20
- “Boots and Beauties” Daddy Daughter Dance at Seashore Waterpark pool deck. Includes a meal, hay wagon ride and dancing! Cost is $20 per couple and $5 per each additional child. Register here.
- Enjoy the Heart of Lebanon 2022 Augtoberfest from 5 – 10 pm with music from Der PolKatz, German-themed food, and frosty brews!
- Take part in Creekfest, a celebration of Eagle Creek through recreation, stewardship and education. Featured activities for all ages include a stream cleanup, kayak demonstrations, DNR Backyard Bass Casting Station, Creekstomp for Kids, educational booths and more. Event takes place at Elm Street Green Park from 9 am – noon.
- Experience the sights and sounds of the 40th Annual Traditional Pow Wow at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds featuring traditional Native American dancing & singing, Red Road Specials, native crafts and food vendors. Visit the Tepee village and learn about birds of prey. Grand Entry will begin the dancing at 1:00 pm and 6:30 pm and on Sunday at 1:00 pm. Enjoy inter-tribal dancing and dance specials during each dance session following the Grand Entry.
Sunday, August 21
- Experience the sights and sounds of the 40th Annual Traditional Pow Wow at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds featuring traditional Native American dancing & singing, Red Road Specials, native crafts and food vendors. Visit the Tepee village and learn about birds of prey. Grand Entry will begin the dancing at 1:00 pm. Enjoy inter-tribal dancing and dance specials during each dance session following the Grand Entry.
- September 9 – 11: Zionsville Fall Festival put on by the Lions Club! Enjoy bounce houses, carnival rides, vendors, American Dream Car Show, and the Lion’s Lounge Saturday evening with adult beverages and the very popular “Impalas” band. Friday is the VIP Carnival for families with Special Needs. This year’s theme is Chills & Thrills in Lions Park; more info on the parade, events and activities can be found here.
- September 9 – 11: Hoosier Hardwood Festival at the Boone County Fairgrounds. A weekend full of lumberjack shows, woodworkers, artisans, crafters, beer garden, festival food and live entertainment! Participate in the Lumberjack Camps to learn how to log roll, axe throw, or X-cut with a 2-person saw. More info here.
- September 16 – 18: Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon. More info here.