Thursday, August 12
- Join a Naturalist to learn all about owls and their adaptations to hunt at night during Owl Pellets at Zion Nature Center in Zionsville. The program begins at 3 p.m. Preregistration required.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Check out Night on the Bricks in downtown Zionsville from 5 – 9 p.m. Order carryout meals from local restaurants and visit nearby businesses. Tables will be pre-set on Main Street, but attendees must bring their own chairs and will be required to wear face coverings when not eating
- Help out during the Weed Pull at Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown beginning at 6 p.m. Bring gloves and bug spray!
- Shake things up at What’s In Your Glass, a craft cocktail class at Hotel Tango Distillery in Zionsville beginning at 6 p.m. $30 pp
Friday, August 13
- Bring the kiddos to Animal Adventures and learn about Insect Metamorphosis through read-aloud stories, rhymes, & activities at Hussey Mayfield Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m. Be sure to preregister.
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, and music at this family friendly event. $40 per car. Proceeds benefit IMP Mounted Police.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Enjoy the Courthouse Cruise In and Music on the Plaza in downtown Lebanon beginning at 6 p.m. One Foot In! will perform live featuring music of the 60’s. Be sure to bring a chair!
- Take the kids to M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg for an old-fashioned drive-in movie night. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, August 13
- Get in a morning run or walk during the Battle of the BBQ 5k at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning at 8 a.m. Proceeds benefit the “You’re Not Alone” program. $30 pp.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Protect yourself from identity theft by bringing your personal documents for secure, on-site shredding during Free Community Shred Day at The Farmers Bank in Lebanon from 9 – 11 a.m.
- Learn to cast during Fly Fishing 101 at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville from 9 – 11 a.m. Be sure to register for this free class.
- Take in a morning hike during Your Backyard World at Zion Nature Center in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m. Be sure to register
- Check out Farm Days at Wonder Tree Regenerative Farm in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. There will be chicks, ducks, goats, donkeys, piggies, horse rides, cotton candy, desserts, refreshments, and freedom to explore the countryside. $10 per car
- Explore the 33rd Annual Indy British Motor Car Show at Lions Club Park in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Stock up at the Wisewood Farm Produce Stand at Donaldson’s Finer Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and then pick up a sweet treat for the trip home.
- Visit the Heritage Museum and learn about the history of Thorntown from 11 – 4 p.m. or check out the art exhibitions and gift shop at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy Family Fun Day at the American Legion Post 410 in Whitestown beginning at 4 p.m. There will be games, crafts, food and prizes for kids.
- Vote for your favorite team during Battle of the BBQ at Lebanon Memorial Park from 5 – 7 p.m. $10 donation per person. Proceeds benefit the Boone County Cancer Society.
- Bring the kids to Movies in the Park at Main Street Park in Whitestown beginning at 6:30 p.m. There will be a Kids Got Talent show, fun activities, tasty treats, and the movie SING! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets.
Sunday, August 15
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Take the family to Seashore Waterpark in Lebanon for a weekend swim or get wet at one of the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park, Main Street Park or Mulberry Fields.
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Be part of the magic and play at Mulberry Fields Park Magical Park in Zionsville through October 31. The Magical Park turns a normal park into a digital fantasy land and playground that encourages kids and families to explore a virtual world. Click on the link to learn more!