Friday, April 22
- Hand-make your own custom wooden welcome sign at the Samson Leather Craft Room! They’re hosting a DIY welcome sign class from 6-8pm. $40 per person.
- Moontown Brewery is hosting Earth Day with Hyryder from 8-11pm! The Grateful Dead Tribute Band will be playing! It’s $15-$20 per person.
- Visit the opening of the Flora Fauna Juried Art Show – featuring Indiana floral and fauna artists – from 6-8 pm at the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville.
Saturday, April 23
- Lace up your running (or walking) shoes and join us for the inaugural Battle of the Badges 5K on Saturday, April 23. This family-friendly event features a fun competition between local Fire and Police Departments. Choose which team you will support when you register and let the battle begin! The race kicks off at 8 a.m. and begins and ends at Traders Point Christian High School. Sign up here.
- Enjoy a delicious meal at the Boone County 4-H Chicken and Pork Chop Barbecue being held at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds. Serving hours are 4-7:30 PM dine in or carryout. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased here. There will be limited tickets available at the door. Proceeds go toward fairgrounds improvements.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Zionsville’s Green Fest and learn about living sustainably while having fun! You can explore exhibits, shop native plants, participate in workshops and presentations, and collect a free plant! It’s from 9am-12pm at Zionsville Town Hall.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Talk a spring walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Explore one of the many trails in and around Zionsville.
- April 29-30 and May 1 – The Whitestown Viking Fest is back at Anson Acres Park! There will be Viking-themed reenactors in full garb swinging their weapons, multiple Viking villages, a fire performer, artisans selling crafted items, food, mead, and more! Tickets are $5 each. Ages 2 and under are free. Purchase tickets here.
- May 7 – Get out and walk or run during the 8th Annual Megan Hammerle Memorial 5K at Lebanon High School.
- May 15 – Put on your favorite costume and head to Anson Acres Park in Whitestown for a fun Superhero Training Camp! Meet superheroes, enjoy group games, and learn super-secret special moves. Tickets are $10 per person.