Friday + Saturday
- Grab your family and participate in Lebanon Public Library’s downtown story stroll! Read the book A Butterfly is Patient as you walk around downtown Lebanon. Start at the library for stop #1. Each stop will tell you what downtown business window to visit next to continue the story.
Saturday, April 2
- The RJ Honey Bee School is the perfect venue to learn beekeeping! There will be hands-on field work in our home apiary. Learn from two seasoned beekeepers who are committed to helping you succeed with beekeeping. Each class is $15 and limited to 20 participants. There are two classes. Choose from 10am-12pm or 1pm to 3pm. Beekeepers of every level of experience are welcome. To view the topic for this month and purchase tickets, click here.
- Each year the Purdue Master Gardeners – Boone County hold a Gardenfest. The event is at the Boone County Fairgrounds, and runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This is a free event and features vendor booths, door prizes, a garden café, soil pH testing, kids’ activities and Q&A opportunities. Three garden experts speak on topics of interest. For more info, click here.
- Head over to Books and Brews in Zionsville to paint your pet! The theme is Star Wars, but you can paint a normal version of your pet if you prefer! The event is open to all ages and any kind of pet can be drawn. The event runs from 11:30-2:30 pm and tickets must be purchased in advance. Click here for more info and to purchase tickets.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Talk a spring walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Explore one of the many trails in and around Zionsville.
- Check out all of the upcoming Easter egg hunts here!
- April 14 – Get your fill of all-you-can-eat pancakes & sausage at the 68th Annual Lebanon Kiwanis Pancake Supper. Purchase tickets here beginning March 7.
- April 23 – Lace up your running (or walking) shoes and join us for the inaugural Battle of the Badges 5K on Saturday, April 23. This family-friendly event features a fun competition between local Fire and Police Departments. Choose which team you will support when you register and let the battle begin! The race kicks off at 8 a.m. and begins and ends at Traders Point Christian High School. Sign up here.
- May 7 – Get out and walk or run during the 8th Annual Megan Hammerle Memorial 5K at Lebanon High School.
- May 15 – Put on your favorite costume and head to Anson Acres Park in Whitestown for a fun Superhero Training Camp! Meet superheroes, enjoy group games, and learn super-secret special moves. Tickets are $10 per person.