The Boone County Economic Development Corporation (Boone EDC) is seeking a part time Marketing and Communications Intern. The position is paid and will run from May-August.
At the Boone EDC, we seek the right economic opportunities to support strong communities and enhance the quality of life for all Boone County residents. We aim to be a catalyst for smart growth strategies and forge mutually beneficial partnerships with organizations capable of understanding and further enriching the unique assets that the residents of Boone County have built.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in a major university or college and studying marketing, communications or a related field. We offer a flexible schedule if you continue to take classes in the summer or you wish to pursue other opportunities simultaneously.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
The Marketing and Communications Intern reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
What you’ll do:
- Develop generalized and community- or industry-specific marketing pieces, both electronically and in print
- Assist with maintenance and improvement of Boone EDC website
- Assist with content creation for social media channels
- Help monitor, maintain, and grow social media presence
- Draft press releases
- Develop and distribute e-newsletters
- Write blog entries
- Support the Director of Marketing and Communications in daily administrative tasks
What you’ll need:
- Must be currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an undergraduate program
- Proficiency in Adobe suite and Microsoft products
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented mindset with the ability to work independently and multi-task efficiently
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
How to apply:
- Email a cover letter, resume and 3-4 design samples to Boone EDC Director of Marketing and Communications Kim Heffner at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9.
Download the details here.