Even during a pandemic, holiday fun abounds in Boone County! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Throughout the month……
- Cut a tree with the family, visit the wreath barn and take in the holiday atmosphere at Dull’s Tree Farm. (Season ends 12/13/20.)
- Pile the kids in the car and enjoy a Holiday Lights Driving Tour through Lebanon’s Memorial Park, then drive by Klootz Christmas Lightz on Busby, No Braner Christmas Lights, Lit on Witt and Lewis Family Lightshow (355 N 200 W – just north of the Lebanon Business Park, off of SR 32 West).
- Enjoy the Whitestown Parks & Rec 25 Days of Holiday Happiness activities on their Facebook page.
- Shop Small during Christmas in the Village in downtown Zionsville and visit Santa every weekend in December.
- Visit the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown and shop for handcrafted gifts.
- Wanted: The Grinch! This sneaky guy will be making his way around Whitestown. Help the Whitestown Metropolitan Police Department catch him!
- Watch for ZFD’s Fire Truck Santa who will ride atop a fire engine and visit Zionsville neighborhoods from December 11 – 24.
- Support the Salvation Army Boone County Unit’s Red Kettle Campaign by mailing a donation or drop it in a red kettle at one of many Boone County businesses. Click here for locations.
- Help to make the holiday’s brighter for families in need by supporting The Caring Center’s Holiday Programs – Holiday Baskets, Family Fun Packs and the Teen Giving Tree.
Enjoy our area High Schools Virtual Holiday Programs…..
- Lebanon High School Holiday Band Concert
- Lebanon High School Holiday Choir Concert
- Western Boone Jr/Sr High School Winter Choir Concert
Saturday, December 5
- Visit the Franklin Barn in Jamestown for Christmas at the Farm from 2 – 5 p.m. There will be crafts booths, horse rides, cookie decorating, and Santa photos.
- Stroll through the vendor booths during The Sweet Market in downtown Lebanon from 3 – 7 p.m. Santa’s reindeers will be visiting from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Join in Lebanon’s Virtual Christmas Celebration beginning at 6:30 p.m. Watch the recording here.
Thursday, December 10
- Enjoy Ladies Night Out in downtown Zionsville from 5 – 9 p.m. Zionsville Village merchants will offer specials and Holiday treats for shoppers.
Saturday, December 12
- Visit St. Nick and snap a photo at Ultimate Tans in Lebanon from 12 – 3 p.m.
- Get into the spirit of the season by participating in the Holiday Chalk Art Competition in downtown Zionsville from 3 – 7 p.m. Enjoy hot cocoa & s’more vendors and create chalk art on the sidewalk.
- Greet Santa as he arrives at the Jamestown Fire Station and join in holiday fun from 5 – 8 p.m. Masks required.
- Track St. Nick during Whitestown’s Fire Department’s Santa Cruise beginning at 6 p.m.
Thursday, December 17
- Celebrate the season at Toasty Toddy Night in Zionsville. There will be warm fire pits, music from Duke Tumatoe, and a toddy station by Hotel Tango.
- Learn to Decorate Christmas Cookies like a pro at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville. Reservations required for the 5:30 p.m. class. $50 per person.
- Reserve Zion Nature Center’s Winter Camp at Home kit for the kiddos by 12/17. Each kit is packed full of supplies for nature activities your child can do at home will have an accompanying Zoom lesson. $20 per child.
Saturday, December 19
- Stop by Jawbone BBQ in Advance for a ‘Drive Thru’ Visit with Santa between 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Santa’s elves will be serving free hot chocolate and homemade Christmas treats while supplies last.
- Visit Santa and Mrs. Claus at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Professional photos by Nunweiler Photography will be available for $10.
- Join The Village Dance Studio for the Nutcracker Short & Suite, a holiday classic ballet. This performance is a community outreach initiative to bring dance performance to all abilities. Virtual tickets available for 2:30 & 4:30 p.m. shows. Virtual household ticket is $15.
- Experience the spectacular holiday tradition of The Nutcracker at the STAR Bank Performing Arts Center in Zionsville. In-person and virtual tickets are available. Performances at 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. Tickets $18 – $25.
Sunday, December 20
- Visit with Santa at Samson Family Leather in Lebanon from 1 – 3 p.m.
- Experience the spectacular holiday tradition of The Nutcracker at the STAR Bank Performing Arts Center in Zionsville. In person tickets available for 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. Tickets $18 – $25.
Monday, December 21
- Look to the southwest 45 minutes after sunset to see the “Christmas Star,” which is actually the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. Sunset occurs in Indiana at 5:24 p.m. on December 21st, so it would be wise to head outside and start looking at around 6:09 p.m. This celestial event that hasn’t been seen by human eyes for over 800 years!
Thru Thursday, January 4
- Gather the family and join in the Lebanon Parks & Rec Blanket Fort Building Contest. Submit a photo firstname.lastname@example.org by January 4th for the chance to win prizes.