What is Downtown Development Week?
The Boone County Economic Development Corporation is joining the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs to celebrate downtowns during the second annual Downtown Development Week on October 6-12. This week is designed to honor cities and towns’ commitment to preserve and invest in the heart of the community – their downtown!
Boone County, Indiana downtowns are many things, and some of them include:
- a central commercial district,
- a prominent employment center,
- the historic core of the community,
- the community gathering place,
- local business incubator,
- a significant community tax base,
- and most importantly, a reflection of community image, pride and prosperity.
How can I participate?
To highlight our downtown areas and local establishments, we are organizing a scavenger hunt during the week of October 7.
One lucky participant will receive a $25 Amazon gift card!
Here’s how to play:
- Locate a Boone EDC mug (see photo) in a participating downtown shop in Advance, Jamestown, Lebanon, Thorntown, Whitestown or Zionsville
- Take a photo with the mug (grab a #BetterInBoone sticker for yourself)
- Post the photo to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tell us where you found the mug (tag the business if applicable)
- Tag the Boone EDC and/or use the hashtag #BetterInBoone
Here are the rules:
- One photo per store per person. Each unique post is an entry in the contest.
- Example: Posting a photo from a downtown business on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram results in three entries.
- Post settings must be public (visible to all).
- All entries must be posted between 6 a.m. EST on Monday, October 7, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. EST on Saturday, October 12, 2019.
- The winner will be selected by a random drawing and notified on October 14, 2019.
- This campaign is hosted by the Boone EDC and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social media platform.