Do you want to build a brighter future for all children and be a part of shaping the wonderful minds of our future?
Teaching and educating are more than a career…it’s an opportunity to foster curiosity, creativity, and compassion in children—all while helping them develop a lifelong love of learning. As an educator at The Goddard School, Zionsville, you will create a fun, safe environment for students to discover new concepts with confidence through multi-sensory learning experiences and child driven activities. Enjoy the freedom to modify your lessons to meet children where they are developmental as you help them prosper their readiness skills while nurturing their social emotional, self-help skills, creativity, and physical development. Make a difference every day!
• Spend your days building genuine relationships with each child and our wonderful families.
• Work with your co-teacher to implement individualized lesson plans that meet your students’ daily needs while having fun watching your students grow.
• Maintain a well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
• Discover what works best for each child as you teach them about the world around them.
You will receive everything you need to give your students what they need to develop with an amazing support system and mentor teachers to help guide and talk to about your ideas and goals for your classroom. At The Goddard, Zionsville, you bring the passion, and we’ll give you all the tools and training to be a successful educator. With your individualized lesson plans you can focus your time in the classroom on forming connections with the children and with our implemented support system and in-school planning time will allow you to spend your time outside of school focused on yourself and your family. Classrooms come fully supplied with everything you need, and our supportive leadership team that works every day to create a safe, healthy environment and a positive culture where all children and team members can thrive. And if that’s not enough, just wait until you help a child learn something new and see their face light up with excitement.
APPLY TODAY and see for yourself what it’s like to work for an employer who knows the heart of our school is our faculty members. YOU are the driving force of our culture, and you will notice the difference right away.
What We Offer:
· Salary range: $13.00-$17.00 hourly
· Teacher to children ratios followed and maintained
· Full support from our directors and resources to be successful in the classroom
· 1-hour lunch break for full time employees
· Paid holidays PLUS paid time off for full time employees
· School is closed between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day (PAID once you reach your anniversary date)
· NO nights or weekends.
· Competitive compensation and benefits
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Discounted childcare
· Continued focus on your professional development – our Goddard Systems University is accredited by IACET to provide Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
· Plus, we will help you receive your CDA credential!
• High school diploma required
• Associate or Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred
• Child Development Associate (CDA) preferred
• Has knowledge of childcare programming, safety and emergency first-aid procedures, program management and customer service principles
• Develops relationships and communicate effectively with children, parents, and faculty members
• Works productively without supervision within established organizational policies and procedures
• Is highly motivated and takes direction well with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Is dependable and adaptable and enjoys working in teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with outstanding ability to listen and follow-up on issues constructively
• Ability to calmly address stressful situations professionally while multi-tasking to ensure smooth school operations
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler Teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib
Top Job Opportunities
Preschool teacher Full-Time
Preschool Teacher Part-Time
Toddler Teacher Full-Time
Toddler Teacher Part-Time
Average Entry Wage