Boone County Virtual Job Fairs
Date: August 18, September 15 & October 13
Time: 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Join us for a virtual job fair highlighting job openings in Boone County. Hosted by the Boone EDC and WorkOne, this free virtual job fair will discuss a variety of positions available at participating Boone County companies. Presenters will cover the job opportunities in detail, along with benefits and how to apply. If you are interested but cannot attend live, do plan to register as a recording of the virtual job fair will be sent to you via email the following day. We look forward to you joining us!
- August 18th Featured Companies: TBA
- See FAQ below for list of positions
Virtual Webinar: A link for the webinar will be emailed upon registration
- The Virtual Job Fair is free and open to all.
- The Virtual Job Fair can be viewed on your mobile device, desktop or laptop.
- Candidates with varied experience levels and career interests are encouraged to attend.
- Companies will be looking for full-time, part-time and seasonal positions.
- Unable to attend? By registering you ensure you’ll receive the recorded job fair to watch on-demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Boone County Job Fair?
The Boone EDC has transitioned it’s traditional “in person” job fair to a virtual format. We host Virtual Job Fairs on a regular basis and feature Boone County businesses who are seeking new team members. These virtual events provide an opportunity for Boone County employers to showcase their job opportunities, benefits and company culture and connect job seekers to local employment opportunities.
The Virtual Job Fairs are hosted via the Zoom Webinar platform and can be viewed on your computer or wireless device. Company representatives will review job opportunities, skills/experience needed, benefits and how to apply. Job seekers may ask questions via the Chat box. All registrants will receive a recording of the webinar the day following the job fair.
Unable to attend? By registering you ensure you’ll receive the recorded job fair to watch on-demand.
When are the Boone County Virtual Job Fairs?
The Boone County Virtual Job Fair schedule:
- August 18
- September 15
- October 13
Most Recent Virtual Job Fair Recordings can be viewed on our YouTube Channel.
What companies will be there?
The following companies will be in attendance at the Boone County Virtual Job Fair:
What types of jobs are the companies hiring for?
Companies are looking to fill full-time, part-time, seasonal and temporary positions in a variety of industries.
Some of the positions include:
- Stamping Team Member
- Robotic Welding Team Member
- QA Team Member
- Warehouse Associate
- Packaging Operator
- Forklift Operator/Picker
- Processing Mixer
- Maintenance Technician
- Installation Technicians
- Kitchen Staff
- Line Cook
Do I need to pre-register?
Use the registration buttons above to register.
All registrants will receive a Zoom webinar link to the Virtual Job Fair prior to the event.
How should I prepare?
VIRTUAL JOB FAIRS
During the Boone County Virtual Job Fairs, local employers who are seeking dedicated, responsible team members will share information on local job opportunities.
Come prepared to listen and take notes on the jobs that interest you. The day following the virtual job fair, you will receive a recording with HR contact information and links to the each company’s career page. Once this has been received, visit the career pages and submit your online applications. Be proactive and follow up with the HR professionals.
IN PERSON JOB FAIRS
Job fairs are a great opportunity for job seekers to meet a varied group of employers in one location. Attendees can chat with recruiters from participating companies, learn about job openings, and may have the chance for a quick on-the-spot job interview.
If you’re not always comfortable with putting yourself out there, talking to people you don’t know well, or selling yourself to prospective employers, it may help to learn how to introduce yourself at a job fair.
To read the complete article “How to introduce yourself at a job fair” click here.
Do I need a resume?
A resume is a brief summary of personal, educational and professional experiences used for job applications. While not required to attend the job fair, it is recommended. If you have one, bring several copies with you. If not, be prepared to fill out applications on the spot to apply for available positions.
Here are a few tips for creating a resume:
- Choose a resume format that’s organized and uncluttered with clear section headings and easy to read font
- Customize your resume for each job by including keywords outlined in the job description and use action verbs to personalize your resume
- Include your name, phone number and email address plus the link to your LinkedIn profile, if you have one
- Include a professional summary that lists your skills, experiences and achievements as they pertain to a job opening
- Add a skills section to quickly draw a recruiter’s eye to your skill set and show your value
- Showcase how your experience aligns with the given job opportunity by providing examples of past responsibilities and accomplishments
To read the full article “How to write a resume guide” click here.
What should I wear?
First impressions are crucial when attending a job fair and interviewing for a new job, no matter the industry. By shopping at resale shops, you won’t need to spend a fortune on clothing for job interviews. Locally, Goodwill, Classic Reruns and The Bargain Boutique offer great interview attire at a low cost.
Tips for Men
- Wear dress pants or khakis with a button-down shirt
- Wear a belt and dress shoes
- Go light on the cologne
- Cover tattoos and remove piercings
Tips for Women
- Wear a blouse with dress pants or a skirt or a conservative dress
- Wear dress shoes or boots
- Go light on the perfume and keep the make-up natural
- Keep accessories to a minimum
- Cover tattoos and remove piercings
For more tips on how to dress to impress by shopping at your local Goodwill, click here.