Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, June 14
- Kids of all ages can make their own unique and colorful frisbee at Akard True Value from 9-11 a.m. to celebrate Zionsville Nature Play days. Frisbees are free (limit one per person).
- Whitestown Parks’ Recreation on Wheels is back and bigger than before! Get the family together and enjoy some outdoor fun starting at 9 a.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. There are a variety of toys and games for all ages.
- Bring your umbrella and join Zion Nature Center for Outdoor Umbrella Story Time at the Zionsville Public Library. Reading begins at 1 p.m.
- Professor Steve will dazzle you at the Lebanon Public Library from 2-3 p.m. with basketball-related experiments and demonstrations as he looks at the game from a scientific viewpoint.
Friday, June 15
- Join the Zion Nature Center and listen to the funny story Bubble Trouble by Margaret Mahy from 10:30-11 a.m. then test the bubble solutions outside. See what kind of bubbles you can make with fun items in nature or the recycle bin.
- Head to downtown Lebanon for the Lebanon City Market Friday from 4-7 p.m.
- Grab a bite to eat from the food trucks at Zionsville Foodie Fridays. The event will showcase the Zionsville Police Department at Zionsville United Methodist Church from 5:30-9 p.m. Come meet the officers that keep Zionsville safe every day.
- Join the Witham Family YMCA Summer Celebration from 6-11 p.m. This fun, adult-only fundraising event features musical guest, The Flying Toasters.
- Join the Zionsville Optimist Club for a beautiful summer evening at Maplelawn Farmstead from 6-9 p.m. All proceeds benefit Shalom’s food programs in Boone County.
Saturday, June 16
- Swing by the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8-11 a.m. for live music, food vendors and a presentation on corn and the uses of corn in food products from the Boone County Farm Bureau.
- Stop by the Whitestown Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- Set your creativity free by designing and painting colorful outdoor sidewalk mandalas from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville. Drop-in anytime and let your imagination soar while creating beautiful public art for all to enjoy.
- Join Whitestown Parks and Recreation and Moontown Brewing Company in Panther Park from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. for the 2018 Legacy Games. Cornhole, Giant Jenga, tricycle races, and foot darts will all be available. Beer and food will also be available for purchase. Admission is $5 and you must be 21+.
- Join the Zion Nature Center staff from 1-3 p.m. as they explore what flies, crawls and hops in the wetland. Wear clothing that can get muddy and wet. Nets and buckets are provided.
- The SullivanMunce Cultural Center is hosting their biggest tasting of the year from 2:30-6:30 p.m. featuring wines from around the world. They will have over 40 wines available to taste, everything from perfect wines for your summer parties and cookouts to wines for special occasions and wines for the cellar.
- Catch the Jeremiah Johnson Band at Moontown Brewing Company. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show starts at 8 p.m.
Sunday, June 17
- People’s Revel Room will donate $.50 of each pint to the Habitat for Humanity House that Beer Built.
- Celebrate Father’s Day by making a tree-rific gift for dad. Learn more about trees as you create a tree cookie key chain, coaster or magnet for dad’s special day at the Zion Nature Center at 1 p.m.
- Explore nature with a family friendly scavenger hunt. Pick up your clue card at the Zion Nature Center at noon. Finish the hunt to claim your prize.