Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, September 5
- Little ones (ages 3-6) can practice their gross motor skills at the Preschool Obstacle Course at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Visit with park naturalists and learn about Magnificent Monarchs at the Tri-County Library in Jamestown at 3 p.m. Preschool through upper elementary age children are invited to attend this free program. Call (765) 676-6190 to make a reservation.
- Bring your youngsters to the Free Safety Around Water class at the Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon. These lessons are designed for elementary age students and teach children what to do if they fall into water or get tired while swimming and what to do if they find someone else in trouble in the water. Registration required.
- Visit a wide array of art exhibits at Sugar Creek Art Center’s First Thursday Gallery Reception in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Meet the Chief at Clark Meadows Pool in Whitestown from 6 – 8 p.m. The police chief and canine officers will be giving tours of the motorcycles and police cars.
- Spend an evening at a Wine & Cheese Pairing at Hopwood Cellars in Zionsville beginning at 6 p.m. Advanced tickets required.
- Poets unite as Poetry on Brick Street presents a special guest poet at the Sullivan Munce Cultural Center in Zionsville at 7 p.m. Open Mic to follow the reading.
- Enjoy Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Walk Whitestown with Doctor Zabel from Witham Health Services. Meet at the trail head next to American Legion Post 410 at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, September 6
- Bring your quilting project and make new friends at Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Join in the Gamer’s Guild at the Lebanon Public Library and try your hand at Just Dance or Mario Kart, help with our weekly puzzle or challenge someone to a game of UNO. All ages welcome between 3 – 6 p.m.
- Choose from a variety of video games at Game On! at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. Sign up not required, just show up and have fun between 4 – 5 p.m. For students in grades 6-12 only.
- Shine at Open Mic Night at the Black Box Theatre in Lebanon. For kids in grades 1 – 12. $5 per person. Be sure to check link for times.
- Have fun at the Zionsville Fall Festival VIP Carnival from 5 – 8 p.m. This VIP event is for kids of all ages with special needs, their caregivers and families. This free event provides dinner from Chick-Fil-A, a bounce house, carnival rides, games, the Pacers van, Silly Safari, music, balloon creations and more. Registration required.
- Stop in for Art after Five at the Art In Hand Gallery in Zionsville from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $20 per car.
- Get the family together and enjoy a free concert at the TDS Summer Concert Serieslocated in front of the Whitestown Municipal Complex. Nick Rowlett will kick off the show at 6:00 PM and Howard takes the stage at 7:30 PM.
- Make new friends at Teen Night at the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County – Lebanon Unit from 6 – 9 p.m. Activities include basketball, video games, board games and so much more! Teen nights will be open to members and non-members and totally FREE! Reservations required.
- Meet your friends for the First Friday Concert at Moontown Brewery in Whitestown from 8 – 11 p.m. Alan Kaye & The Toons is the featured band. $7 cover.
Saturday, September 7
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- Kick off the Fall Festival with the Lions Club Parade at 10 a.m. in Zionsville. Live music, local entertainment, food, carnival, car show, arts, crafts and more!
- Purchase fresh produce and other homemade goods at the Jamestown Farmers’ Market from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Taste the goodness at Hershey’s Heartwarming Tour at Lions Park in Zionsville. The pop-up stand will host selfie stations, Connect S’more, giant Tic Tac Toe, giant S’mores Jenga and more.
- Shop and sip at the The Bargain Boutique 7th Birthday Celebration in Thorntown from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Join in the fun at the Lions Lounge at Lions Park in Zionsville from 5 – 11 p.m The Impalas will be performing with Sun King Brewery beer on tap and a wine selection available. Must be 21 or older to enter. $5 cover.
- Sing along at Karaoke Night at That Sports Bar in Lebanon beginning at 9 p.m.
Sunday, September 8
- Explore the American Dream Car Show at Lions Park in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. It will feature stock cars, modified cars, trucks and vintage vehicles.
- Join in the fun during the Fall Festival at Lions Park in Zionsville from 12 – 6 p.m.
- Bring the entire family to Books & Brews in Zionsville for Family Friendly Movie Day from 12 – 8 p.m.
- Spend time creating a custom keepsake painting during Grandparent’s Day Cookies & Canvas at Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon. Cost is $10 per person and includes supplies, art instruction and light refreshments. Pre-registration required.
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.