Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, September 26
- Enjoy Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Meet the Chief at Harvest Park in Whitestown from 6 – 8 p.m. Families can also meet Whitestown’s canine officers and check out the motorcycles and police cars.
- Attend the Manhatten Short Film Festival at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville from 6 – 8 p.m. Viewers will watch approximately ten short films and vote on their favorites. All screenings are free, registration required for this adults only event.
- Meet Indiana Author, Philip Gulley at Lebanon Public Library at 7 p.m. Philip is the author of Front Porch Tales, Hometown Tales, For Everything a Season, and the Harmony series of novels. Free copies available to the first 24 people.
Friday, September 27
- Peruse the Thorntown Public Library Book Sale from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Bring your quilting project and make new friends at Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Join in the Gamer’s Guild at the Lebanon Public Library and try your hand at Just Dance or Mario Kart, help with our weekly puzzle or challenge someone to a game of UNO. All ages welcome between 3 – 6 p.m.
- Choose from a variety of video games at Game On! at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. Sign up not required, just show up and have fun between 4 – 5 p.m. For students in grades 6-12 only.
- Sip and Shop at Tru-Finds Treasures in Lebanon from 4 – 8 p.m. The Cork & Barrel will offer wine tastings and Tru-Finds will have snacks and fabulous fall door prizes.
- Get the family together and enjoy a free concert at the TDS Summer Concert Series located in front of the Whitestown Municipal Complex. Bitter Oak Revial will kick off the show at 6:00 PM and My Yellow Rickshaw takes the stage at 7:30 PM.
- Let the kids run off their energy and show off their Nerf skills during Nerf Night from 6 – 8 p.m. at the Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon! Kids should bring their own Nerf guns. The Y supplies the darts, eye protection & fun!
- Enjoy the Manhatten Short Film Festival at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville from 6 – 8 p.m. Viewers will watch approximately ten short films and vote on their favorites. All screenings are free, registration required for this adults only event.
- Explore how nature is preparing for the changing season at the Autumn Campfire program at Zion Nature Sanctuary in Zionsville. The program begins at 7 p.m. and includes a hike through Zion Nature Sanctuary.
- Kick off the weekend at the Festival of the Turning Leaves in Thorntown. Friday’s events include a Bluegrass Jam, Movie in the Park and Fireworks beginning at 6 p.m.
- Bring the kids for Movie Night in the Park at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown. Disney’s Aladin will be shown at 8 p.m. with Fireworks to follow.
Saturday, September 28
- The Festival of the Turning Leaves continues in Thorntown with events from 6:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Peruse the Thorntown Public Library Book Sale from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Celebrate the 5th Annual Pumpkin Harvest at Dull’s Tree Farm in Thorntown from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Admission $10 per person, 2 and under free.
- Bring the dogs for the Tails on the Trail Group Dog Walk. Meet at Creekside Nature Park in Zionsville at 10 a.m.
- Explore history at Lincoln’s Lebanon and Civil War Re-Enactment at Memorial Park in Lebanon from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Walk through a civil war encampment, see pioneer demonstrations and hear “Abraham Lincoln” speak at 1 p.m. Enjoy a 1860’s fashion show at 3:30 p.m., music by Cumberland Gap and a bean and cornbread dinner at 6 p.m.
- Sing along to the tunes of The Rush at the Festival of the Turning Leaves in Thorntown. This entertaining quartet takes the stage at 12 p.m.
- Experience Polo on the Prairie at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 12 – 4 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $20 per car.
- Drop in at Elm Street Green at 1 p.m. to learn about Monarch Migration.
- Join in the second annual Oktoberfest at Moontown Brewery in Whitestown from 2 – 11 p.m. This raucous celebration of the birthplace of dank beer, complete with live music all day, friendly competitions, the tapping of our Oktoberfest lager, and delicious German-inspired fare. Tickets required.
- See the M Squared Project live at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Enjoy the tunes of Jeff Cooper at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 8 – 10 p.m.
Sunday, September 29
- The Festival of the Turning Leaves continues in Thorntown with events from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Explore history at Lincoln’s Lebanon and Civil War Re-Enactment at Memorial Park in Lebanon from 12 – 2 p.m. Walk through a civil war encampment, and hear President Jefferson Davis speak at 1 p.m. followed by a Civil War Battle re-enactment.
- Celebrate the 5th Annual Pumpkin Harvest at Dull’s Tree Farm in Thorntown from 1 – 7 p.m. Admission $10 per person, 2 and under free.
- Enjoy the music of My Yellow Rickshaw at the Festival of the Turning Leaves Festival in Thorntown. The band takes the stage at 1:30 p.m.
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 5 – 7 p.m. Olga Berezhnaya is the featured musician.
- Join the Black Box Bozo’s for their fall season showcase, Butterflies, Bunnies & Cookies?, at the Black Box Theatre in Lebanon beginning at 5 p.m.
- End your weekend with a Wine and DeBrand Chocolate Pairing at The Cork & Barrel in Zionsville from 5 – 8 p.m. Pairings range from $18-$30.