Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Friday, September 13
- Meet at the Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville for Animal Adventures: Hummingbirds at 10:30 a.m. Naturalists from the Zion Nature Center will join Librarians as they share their knowledge about humming birds.
- Bring your quilting project and make new friends at Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Join in the Gamer’s Guild at the Lebanon Public Library and try your hand at Just Dance or Mario Kart, help with our weekly puzzle or challenge someone to a game of UNO. All ages welcome between 3 – 6 p.m.
- Choose from a variety of video games at Game On! at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. Sign up not required, just show up and have fun between 4 – 5 p.m. For students in grades 6-12 only.
- Experience the opening reception of FLAVA FRESH !, an Indianapolis based contemporary fine art exhibition, at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Visit the Boone Flavor Fest at Whitestown Municipal Complex from 5 – 10 p.m. This annual event brings restaurants, wineries, and breweries from around the county for all to enjoy. Bitter Oak Revival and When Country Went Pop, will be performing while people enjoy delicious food and drink.
- Pack a picnic and bring the family for a great night of Polo at Sunset. The cost is $20 per carload and dress is casual for this family focused event. Gates open at 5 p.m. with the matches beginning at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Enjoy the movie “Casablanca” at Movies at Maple Lawn Farmstead in Zionsville. Gates open at 7 p.m. with tours of the house from 7 – 8 p.m. The movie begins at dusk. Pizza, desserts and drinks will be sold. Admission is $1.
- Dance the night away at the Back to the Fifties Street Dance at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Lebanon from 7 – 9 p.m. Live music by the “Tune-O-Matics.”
- Come out and enjoy the music of Delta Duo at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Be entertained by the music of Starcat at Moontown Brewery in Whitestown from 8 – 11 p.m. Tickets are $7.
Saturday, September 14
- Enjoy a Pancake Breakfast with your friends & neighbors at the Jamestown Fire Station from 7 – 10 a.m. Free will donation.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Learn to Fly Fish at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville at 9 a.m. Their free beginner fly fishing class covers all the basics you need to get started on the water.
- Spend the day exploring classic cars, enjoying live music and more at the Back to the Fifties Festival at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Bring the kids to the final Bike with a Cop of the summer. Meet at Fundae’s at 10 a.m. where officers will teach kids about bicycle safety and guide them on a ride through the Maple Grove neighborhood.
- Explore the Whitestown Brew Fest at the Whitestown Municipal Complex from 12 – 4:30 p.m. The event will host over 25 Indiana breweries and wineries. Tickets are $35. You must be 21+ to attend.
- Join the fun at Community Fun Day at Zionsville United Methodist Church from 2 – 5 p.m. Boy Scout Pack 358 will host popcorn, bouncy houses, Pinewood Derby, craft projects and other scout activities!
- Enjoy the music of Tim Neuman at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Come for live music, games, food, drinks and a good time at Books & Brews in Zionsville. Julia Lynn will be the featured musical artist from 8 – 10 p.m.
Sunday, September 15