Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and wearing a face covering.
Thursday, October 29
- Look for the Story Walk at Elm Street Green. Stroll along the path and read the interactive children’s story with your favorite kiddo!
- Experience this year’s SullivanMunce Ghost Walk virtually from the comfort of your home.
- Enter your Spooky Pooch and Frightening Feline to win petrifyingly great prizes during the Humane Society for Boone County’s Halloween Pet Contest. Find more info here.
- Enjoy the live tunes of Between the Moons at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 8 – 10 p.m.
Friday, October 30
- Visit Art In Hand Gallery in Zionsville throughout the month of October and bid on the Silent Auction items designed by local artists and the Arc Artisans. Proceeds to benefit the Arc of Greater Boone County.
- Explore the origins of bats, spiders and snakes during the Zion Nature Center’s Spooky Animals Facebook Live program at 10 a.m.
- Explore Countryside Antique Mall near Thorntown from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Join in the Quilters Club at Thorntown Library from 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Visit the Trunk or Treat events at the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County. Whitestown Unit from 5 – 6 p.m., Lebanon & Zionsville Unites from 6 – 7 p.m.
- Treat your family to classic movies at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. Featured spooky movies include “Monsters, Inc.,” “Hocus Pocus” and “Poltergeist.”
Saturday, October 31
- Grab your friends and join in the annual Spooky Sprint, a Halloween-themed run that is perfect for the whole family. $40 registration fee.
- Drop by the Lebanon Public Library for Trick or Treating between the hours of 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Stop by Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon for all day Trick or Treating, Popcorn, Apple Cider, Costume Contest throughout the day, Story time at 12 pm, and Movie time at 4 pm.
- Kick off your weekend at Dull’s Pumpkin Harvest in Mechanicsburg from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Enjoy pumpkin picking, big slides, slingshots, tire mountain, corn maze, wagon ride, barrel train, the corn maze and 30 plus other activities for your family to enjoy! Timed entrance tickets must be purchased in advance. $9 – 12 per person / 2 and under free.
- Brush up on your fly tying during the Steelhead Streamers workshop at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. $10 per person. Be sure to RSVP.
- Peruse the Sugar Creek Art Center’s October Exhibition: INFiber Color Explosion by quilters of Boone County from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Grab a pencil and paper and join in Saturday Scribbles with Hussey Mayfield Public Library. This is a casual art tutorial series where you can learn techniques from character design to zentangle patterns. Each Saturday a new tutorial will be posted at 11 a.m.
- Join the Boone County RC Crawlers at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon for Hallowhellin Mini Truck Edition beginning at 10 a.m. Access the course via the gravel drive between the splash pad and football field.
- Bring the kids to the Trail of Treats at Jamestown Christian Church from 4 – 5:30 p.m. There will be treats for the kids as they follow the trail.
- Walk in the Halloween Parade and join in the costume contest in Thorntown. Meet at Tom Johnson Memorial Park at 5 p.m. The Knights of Pythias will serve hot dogs, chips and drinks beginning at 5:30 p.m. by Town Hall.
- Join in the Halloween fun during Halloween at the Park in downtown Jamestown from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. There will be a costume contest, treat bags, hot dogs and more!
- Rock out to the tunes of Whiskey Machine at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Have fun and be safe during our Boone County towns Trick or Treat hours:
- Advance: 5 – 7 p.m.
- Jamestown: 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Lebanon: 6 – 9 p.m.
- Thorntown: 5 – 8 p.m.
- Whitestown: 6 – 9 p.m.
Sunday, November 1
- Bring the family for food, fun and table top games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Enjoy a fun-filled family day at Dull’s Pumpkin Harvest in Mechanicsburg from 1 – 7 p.m. Enjoy pumpkin picking, big slides, slingshots, tire mountain, corn maze, wagon ride, barrel train, the corn maze and 30 plus other activities for your family to enjoy! Timed entrance tickets must be purchased in advance. $9 – 12 per person / 2 and under free.
- Enjoy Sunday Funday Game Day at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown from 1 – 9 p.m. There will be board games, card games, corn hole and TVs set up with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. All ages welcome!
- Join in the virtual Self-Love Book Club by Dr. Lane at 3 p.m. This month’s book is “Warrior Goddess Training,” by Heather Ash Amara.
- Bring back balance to your mind/body/soul during the free Community Yoga Class at the Indiana Yoga Studio in Lebanon. Be sure to register online for this 5 p.m. class.
Mark your calendars for November 3-7 for Boone County’s inaugural Bites of Boone County Restaurant Week!More than 25 local Boone County restaurants plan to participate, each offering a discount, specialty item, or special menu.There are breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert options available throughout Boone County.There will be LOTS of giveaways coming up!Visit http://www.BitesofBooneCounty.org/ to start planning your dining schedule now!
- Support the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County at the annual Z-Gravy Chase in Zionsville on November 26. Virtual and In-Person registration is available.