Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Friday, November 15
- Give your toddler a fun and interactive introduction to nature during Mommy & Me:Hide & Seek at Zion Nature Center in Zionsville beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Gather for Story Time STEAM at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville at 10:30 a.m. and then explore a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) concept relating to the book.
- Bring your quilting project and make new friends at Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Attend the opening reception of Through the Lens at the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Experience Zionsville Community High School’s production of Disney’s NEWSIES at 7 p.m. The production features a student cast, orchestra, and crew, you won’t want to miss this phenomenal production!
Saturday, November 16
- Bring the pups and shuffle through the fallen leaves during the Monthly Dog Walk at Turkey Foot Nature Park in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m.
- Calling all kids ages 8 – 13! Show off your free throw skills at the Elks National Hoop Shoot Free Throw Contest at Lebanon Middle School. Doors open at 10 a.m.
- Brush up on your computer skills at the Lebanon Public Library from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. This week’s session covers Google docs, sheets & drive.
- Bring the kids to Children’s Hour at the Tri-Area Library in Jamestown beginning at 10:30 a.m. There will be stories and crafts for age 2 – 10.
- Come to Pet Valu Adoption Event in Whitestown to meet some of our adorable adoptable! The event is from 11-1 p.m.
- Dress to get a little dirty at Bombs Away! Meet at Elm Street Green in Zionsville at 1 p.m. to make fun seed balls using native seeds and soil and help “bomb” the meadow with seed bombs the nature center staff prepared ahead.
- Experience Zionsville Community High School’s production of Disney’s NEWSIES at 2 and 7 p.m. The production features a student cast, orchestra, and crew, you won’t want to miss this phenomenal production!
- Vote for your favorite recipe during the Chili Cook Off at the American Legion Post 395 in Jamestown. Dinner and voting begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Bring your girlfriends to the Tipsy Tree Paint Party at the Cork and Barrel in Zionsville. Painting begins at 6:30 p.m. $49 per person. Register here.
- Attend the student production of “Our Town” at Western Boone High School beginning at 7 p.m. This timeless drama of life in the mythical village of Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire, is an American classic with universal appeal. $10 per person.
- Enjoy four Central Indiana bands during the Jared Kerr Memorial Foundation Showcase at That Sports Bar in Lebanon. Live music begins at 7:30 p.m. $5 minimum cover/donation.
Sunday, November 17
- Play table top games all day at Books & Brews in Zionsville. Kids eat free!
- Attend the student production of “Our Town” at Western Boone High School beginning at 2 p.m. This timeless drama of life in the mythical village of Grover’s Corners, New Hampshire, is an American classic with universal appeal. $10 per person.
- Learn all about the benefits of drinking tea during Tea 101 at Hussey-Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville at 2 p.m.
- Experience the SFZ Concert: It Takes Two (or Four) To Tango at St. Francis In-The-Fields Episcopal Church in Zionsville. Local composer/pianist Becky Archibald will bring her eclectic mix of chamber music and jazz to this 4 p.m. concert. $10 per person or $20 per family.
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 5 – 7 p.m. Krista Hoose is the featured musician.
- Join in a Magic The Gathering Repack Tournament at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 5 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Register now for the ZGravy Chase to be held on Thanksgiving Day in Zionsville. Proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County.