Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, June 7
- Get the family together and enjoy some outdoor fun at Whitestown Parks Department’s Recreation on Wheels at Panther Park at 9 a.m.
Friday, June 8
- Head to downtown Lebanon for the Lebanon City Market from 4-7 p.m.
- Catch an outdoor family movie:
- The Secret Life of Pets will be shown at the Jamestown Park at 8:30 p.m. Hotdogs will be served.
- Wonder can be seen at Memorial Park in Lebanon. Gates open at 8 p.m. and the movie will begin at approximately 9 p.m.
Saturday, June 9
- Kids ages 4-15 can check out the Lebanon Kiwanis Fishing Derby from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. at the Hot Pond.
- Find your fur-ever friend from the Humane Society of Boone County at the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8-11 a.m.
- Head to Hachette Book Group in Lebanon for the $1 Book Sale from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. No carts, wagons or children under 12 are permitted. Cash only.
- Stop by the Whitestown Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- The Bargain Boutique in Thorntown will have a Pop & Shop Outdoor Market from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Join award-winning bonsai artist Scott Yelich at Peace through Yoga’s Zionsville studio to learn how to plant, care for, prune, and shape your own miniature bonsai tree from 2-4 p.m.
- Enjoy an evening hike starting at 7 p.m. through the Zion Nature Sanctuary in Zionsville. The evening will end with gooey s’mores around the campfire.
Sunday, June 10
- People’s Revel Room in downtown Lebanon will donate $.50 of each pint to the Habitat for Humanity House that Beer Built.
- Bring your favorite stuffed friend and your lunch and join the Zion Nature Center at Lincoln Park in Zionsville for a picnic on the grass at noon. A bear hunt will happen after lunch!
- Grab your favorite furry family member and join the Zion Nature Center on a group dog walk from 3-4 p.m. You will explore the sights and sounds along the Big-4 Rail Trail. Meet at the Big-4 Rail Trail Trailhead at 1100 W. Oak Street.