Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, June 13
- Join in Nature Play Days at Maplelawn Farmstead between 9 – 11:30 a.m. for hands-on activities to create crafts and toys that would’ve been available to children in the 1930s, as well as old-fashioned games our grandparents and great-grandparents would’ve played when they were children.
- Walk, run or cartwheel at the Thorntown Library Color Run! You will see smiling faces along the way whose main goal is to douse you in colorful powder to ensure that you look like a beautiful rainbow by the time you finish. The run starts at 2 p.m.
- Get your groove on with the Music of Woodstock at the Hussey-Mayfield Public LIbrary in Zionsville at 7 p.m. Tim Brickley and Michael Beck will take us back to that magical event, performing songs of the 60’s with their acoustic duo. Registration required, children under 10 must be with an adult.
Friday, June 14
- Join the Zion Nature Center in Zionsville for Wetland Explorers from 1 – 3 p.m. They will explore what flies, crawls and hops in the wetland. Wear clothing that can get muddy and wet. Nets and buckets are provided.
- Bring your friends and watch Summer Sky at the Hussey-Mayfield Public Library. The movie begins at 5:30 p.m. and registration is required.
- Join in the fun at the Lebanon Public Library’s Gamer’s Guild . Video and board games from 3 – 6 p.m. Free popcorn!
- Come hear songs from Andrew Vaughn’s soon-to-be released album, Jammin’ solo, at That Sports Bar & Grill in Lebanon beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Bring your friends for a night of music and wine at the Hopwood Summer Concert Series in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Enjoy a night of incredible live music of the Jeremiah Johnson Band, one of today’s premiere blues artists, at Moontown Brewery in Whitestown. The music starts at 8 p.m. TIckets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door.
- Bring the kids for Movies Under the Stars at Lebanon Memorial Park’s baseball field. Ralph Breaks the Internet is the movie of the night. Gates open at 8 p.m. and the movie will begin at sunset.
Saturday, June 15
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Join in Leo Club Play Day at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m. and help make the park beautiful with fun activities including rock painting, flower planting, a match game and more!
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of Whitestown Municipal Complex. Kids will have the opportunity to do a special craft for their dad/ grandpa!
- Learn the basics of Fly Fishing at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. The class begins at 9 a.m.
- Visit beautiful Boone County residential gardens at the Shalom Garden Tour between 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Help the Shalom House raise money to feed the food insecure in our community.
- Purchase fresh produce and other homemade goods at the Jamestown Farmers’ Market from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bring a friend for Yu-Gi-Oh! Instore Play at Friendly City Games in Lebanon. The games begin at 2 p.m.
- Enjoy night of music and wine at the Hopwood Summer Concert Series in Zionsville from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Calling all kids! Bring your parents to Movies After Dark at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown. The movie, Trolls, should begin around 9 p.m. Free crafts will be available prior to the movie.
Sunday, June 16
- Explore Nature Letterboxing with your family between 12 – 4 p.m. at Zion Nature Center in Zionsville. Solve the riddles to find the letterboxes hidden on along the trail. Find all the letterboxes and claim a prize.
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Invite your friends and enjoy the Boone County Community Band Concert at Lebanon Memorial Park’s Bandstand. The concert kicks off at 6 p.m.