Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, July 12
- Recreation on Wheels at Walker Park in Whitestown begins at 9 a.m. Get the family together and enjoy some outdoor fun. There will be a variety of toys and games for all ages.
- Come hear Miss Donna read the picture book “Frankenstein Please” at the Thorntown Public Library. Talk about what makes a monster and maybe write a story of your own. The first 50 children receive a free book. This event is from 2-3:30 p.m.
- Win some cool prizes in the classic game of Bingo at the Lebanon Public Library in the children’s department at 2 p.m.
- The Martin Xtreme Racing series continues at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds North Track. Gates open at 5 p.m. and the race begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 at the gate.
Friday, July 13
- Jessica Morgan will be teaching some fun art classes at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown all weekend. Classes are for all ages. Each class has a limit of 25 seats per class.
- Join the Zion Nature Center and give your toddler an introduction to nature with their very own nature camp from 9-11 a.m. Moms and toddlers will discover who lives in their backyard and explore outside with all their senses.
- Be a home scientist! By paying careful attention during experiments, scientists learn new things – even if they’ve done the test before. In this program, find out where science has been hiding in your own home. The event is put on by the Girl Scouts at the Lebanon Public Library from 10-11 a.m.
- Kids ages 8-12 are invited to join the Zionsville Public Library for a Musical Mystery. Every orchestra section must be questioned to find the murderer. Solve this mystery as we read and listen to Lemony Snicket’s “The Composer is Dead.” The class is from 1-2 p.m.
- Head to downtown Lebanon for the Lebanon City Market Friday from 4-7 p.m.
- Grab the family or a group of friends and join Hemophilia of Indiana and Fit Livin’ for Sunset at Polo. Pack a cooler and a picnic basket and enjoy watching a night of polo. All gate proceeds go to the programs and services provided by Hemophilia of Indiana. Gates open at 5 p.m.
- Help sort and count the school supplies for this year’s Backpack United – Boone County at Hachette Book Group in Lebanon from 7-9 p.m. All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes and children ages 12+ are welcome to volunteer.
- Center Stage Community Theatre in Lebanon presents “The Octette Bridge Club” , a comic drama by P. J. Barry. The play will be held Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 14
- The Western Boone Soccer Academy is hosting a Sydney Foster Memorial 4v4 Soccer Tournament. $100 per team with a 3-game guarantee. Games will be played at Western Boone Jr. Sr. High School from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Swing by the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8-11 a.m. for live music and food vendors.
- Donate blood and get free coffee at the Zionsville Community Blood Drive. Schedule and keep your Donorpoint appointment to donate blood and receive a $5 Starbucks eGift Card. The blood drive will be held at the Boone Village parking lot from 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Stop by the Whitestown Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- The Bargain Boutique in Thorntown is hosting their Pop & Shop Outdoor Market from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Enjoy fresh produce from the Jamestown Farmers Market from 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Head to Boone’s Pond to try the latest in fishing kayaks with Moving Water Outfitters. Demos will be from 12-3 p.m.
- Take the family to Thorntown for Community Fun Saturday in the park. The fun begins at 5 p.m. with a pie-eating contest for kids, water balloons, paint demo, crafts, games and ice cream sundaes. The movie Nut Job 2 will be shown at approximately 9:15 p.m. Bring your blanket and lawn chair. Popcorn and bug spray will be provided.
- Join Whitestown Parks for their monthly FREE Family Movie Night at Whitestown Municipal Complex. Come at 5 p.m. for a special opportunity to meet and get photos with Rarity the Unicorn. The movie begins at 7 p.m. Popcorn and water will be provided.
- Join Shiela Dimof and Michelle Qureshi at Blooming Life Yoga Studio as they lead you through a deeply relaxing guided meditation enriched with sacred sounds during this Yoga Nidra. Class is from 7:30-9 p.m.
- Enjoy live music:
- Books and Brews in Zionsville from 7-10 p.m.
- Moontown in Whitestown from 8-11 p.m.
Sunday, July 15
- People’s Revel Room will donate $.50 of each pint to the Habitat for Humanity House that Beer Built.
- O’Malia’s Living – An INDY Original and Moody’s Butcher Shop’s BBQ Tour continues with a stop in Zionsville to fire up the Big Green Egg for a sampling of Moody’s hot dogs in honor of National Hot Dog Month. The event runs from 1-3 p.m.
- The Zionsville Lions Club presents their free family concerts in Lions Park. Music begins at 7 p.m.
- Come out to the Joe Haboush Bandstand at Lebanon Memorial Park to hear the Boone County Community Band. This is an event for the whole family featuring songs of early American spirituals to recent movie features. Music will begin at 7 p.m.