Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, January 9
- To celebrate their 40th Anniversary, Titus Bakery is hosting a “Design a Donut” contest for kids ages 5-17. The winning donut will be based on creativity, flavor combination, and individuality. The winning donut design will be offered for sale during the month of March. Pick up entry forms at Titus Bakery in Lebanon. Deadline for submissions is 1/31/20.
- Reminisce with Bill Rake about the last 40 years in the donut business. Stop by TItus Bakery in Lebanon and share your stories with Bill from 9 – 11 a.m.
- Enjoy Story Time with your toddler at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Bring the kids to Animal Tales at the Tri Area Library in Jamestown. Park Naturalists will share a story about a native animal and a related craft or activity with preschool through upper elementary age children. The program begins at 3 p.m.
Friday, January 10
- Meet at the Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville for Animal Adventures: Coyotes at 10:30 a.m. After storytime fun, the group will walk to the Zion Nature Center to meet and learn about the real animals and insects that live there.
- Make new friends at the Witham Family YMCA’s Senior Social in Lebanon from 12 – 1 p.m. Be sure to bring a side dish to share.
- Coloring isn’t just for kids! Stop by the Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville for Color Me Calm between 1 – 3 p.m. Coloring can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve motor skills and focus, and boost creativity!
- Join in the Gamer’s Guild at the Lebanon Public Library and try your hand at Just Dance or Mario Kart, help with our weekly puzzle or challenge someone to a game of UNO. All ages welcome between 3 – 6 p.m.
- Enjoy live music with Jon Shoulders at The Cork and Barrel in Zionsville/Whitestown beginning at 7 p.m.
- Come in and sing your heart out during Karaoke Night at Books & Brews in Zionsville beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 11
- Fishing enthusiasts are encourage to attend Euro Nymphing at Moving Water Outfitters in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m. Find out what this unique style of fishing is all about, and why it is so effective.
- Calling all scouts! Join Park Naturalist, Mindy Murdock, and a certified BSA merit badge counselor, for the Scout Day Nature Merit Badge program at the Zion Nature Center in Zionsville. There will be hands-on activities that explore the animals and other components of Nature beginning at 11 a.m.
- Youth in grades K-5 are united to join the Chess Club at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Bring your Pokemon cards, Nintendo DS, or any way to you play to the Pokemon League at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. Adults and kids of all ages are welcome to join to group from 3 – 4:30 p.m.
- Join in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 5 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Have fun at the White Elephant Gift Exchange with musician Davey Avenatti at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 8:30 – 11:30 p.m. Be sure to bring a wrapped gift.
Sunday, January 12
- Help to save a life by donating blood at New Hope Christian Church’s Blood Drive in Whitestown.
- Check out this Boone County “MakerSpace” at the Maker Factory Open House from 3 – 6 p.m. in Lebanon.
- Come out for an afternoon with Angie from Zionsville Oil Tap for Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar 101. The Cork & Barrel in Zionsville/Whitestown will host the event from 3 – 6 p.m.