Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, August 8
- Bring the kids for Animal Tales at the Tri-Area Library in Jamestown beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- Enjoy Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Get your laughs on Stay in the Fight Comedy Night at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown. The show kicks off at 6 p.m. and features Dave “The King” Dugan, from the Bob & Tom Show! Proceeds benefit retired BCSD officer Sam Scott.
- Be entertained by the music of Hunter Wainscott at Parky’s Smokehouse in Lebanon from 6:30 – 9 p.m.
Friday, August 9
- Create Glass Soldered Charms with Rene Stanley at Zionsville Town Hall. The class starts at 1:30 p.m. and is hosted by Boone County Senior Services. Call 765-482-5220 or 317-873-8939 to register. $10 per person.
- Join in the fun at the Lebanon Public Library’s Gamer’s Guild. Video and board games from 3 – 6 p.m. Free popcorn!
- Kick off the school year at the Back to School Bash at the Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon from 6 – 8 p.m. There will be food, games, activities, and lots of fun! Bring the whole family for an evening of fun and family time.
- Enjoy the live music of The Duo at Hopwood Cellars Winery from 7 – 9 p.m.
Saturday, August 10
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Volunteer for the annual Eagle Creek Clean-Up in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m. Registration required.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of Whitestown Municipal Complex. This week features a petting zoo for the kids.
- Artists of all ages will gather for the Zionsville Paint Out from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Registration is from 7 – 10 a.m. at SullivanMunce Cultural Center. in Zionsville.
- Purchase fresh produce and other homemade goods at the Jamestown Farmers’ Market from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bring the kids for the annual celebration of Eagle Creek during Zionsville Creekfest at Elm Street Green in Zionsville from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Activities include a creek stomp for kids, kayak demonstrations, the Department of Natural Resources’ casting station, live music and much more!
- Join in the Grand Opening of Main Street Park in Whitestown from 12 – 4 p.m. Families will enjoy live music by The Islanders, Fundae’s Ice Cream & Sweets, Free Lunch, a Cornhole Tournament, outdoor toys for the kids, and all of the new park amenities!
- Bring your family to Pups & Paperbacks at Brad’s Books from 1 – 3 p.m. Take home some great books and maybe a new pet during this adoption event for Boone County Humane Society.
- Vote for the winning BBQ at the Boone County Battle of the BBQ at Lebanon Memorial Park from 5 – 7 p.m. There will be music, great BBQ, silent auction and much more. $10 per person. All proceeds benefit the Boone County Cancer Society.
- Enjoy Family Movie Night at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. Play carnival games and win prizes starting at 5 p.m. in the gymnasium, then watch “Wonder Park” at 7:00. Popcorn and water will be provided.
- Join in the public dedication ceremony for the Indiana Historical Bureau’s Sugar Creek Community Historical Marker at 5 p.m. The address is 6770 N. 825 W. in Thorntown. This marker examines the establishment and growth of the Sugar Creek Community in the mid-nineteenth century.
- Support the Sugar Creek Historical Society Ice Cream Social at the Thorntown Heritage Museum from 6 – 8 p.m. The Thorntown Bluegrass Jammers will provide entertainment. ice cream and desserts available for a donation benefiting the museum.
- Be entertained by the live music of Andrew Vaughn at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Sunday, August 11
- Bring the family for the Kids Film Fest at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Family-friendly films will play all Sunday long. For every adult entree, get a kids entree for the low cost of FREE!
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Enjoy the final performance of the Boone County Community Band at Lebanon Memorial Park at 7 p.m.