Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, August 23
- Swing by the Whitestown Municipal Complex from 4-7 p.m. to visit the Whitestown Farmers Market.
- The Zionsville Public Library is hosting a Back-To-School Ice Cream Pit Stop from 4:30-7:30 p.m. The first 400 guests to arrive will receive a free ice cream cup or freezer pop.
- Zionsville’s Maplelawn Farmstead is hosting a canning cooking class at 6 p.m. Be sure to register online, as there are limited spaces.
- The Witham Family YMCA and the American Heart Association are holding CPR Training classes at 6 p.m.
Friday, August 24
- Head to downtown Lebanon for the Lebanon City Market from 4-7 p.m. Design your own free tile art, too.
- Support Zionsville athletics by attending Eagle Fest. Enjoy food, entertainment, bounce houses, dunk tank and more at Jennings Field from 5-7 p.m.
- It is another night of Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club. Gates open at 5 p.m. and the match begins at 6 p.m. Proceeds help support the IMPD Mounted Horse Patrol.
- The Witham Family YMCA is having a superhero themed Super Nerf Night starting at 6 p.m. Children bring their own Nerf guns and the YMCA provides the darts.
Saturday, August 25
- Swing by the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8-11 a.m. for live music and food vendors.
- Stop by the Whitestown Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- The Lebanon Public Library is hosting the 2nd Annual Paws & Pages. Join them from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for adoptable pets, books, food, crafts and more.
- Check out Expecto Festo (Harry Potter) at Books & Brews in Zionsville starting at 11 a.m.
- Find fresh produce, handcrafted items, repurposed items and more at the Jamestown Farmers Market from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- See what crawls, flies and buzzes among the meadow wildflowers at the Old Fashioned Bug Hunt at Elm Street Green Park in Zionsville. Bring your bug net and see what you will catch! Hunting begins at 1 p.m.
- Why wait until October? Augtoberfest is here in Lebanon. Enjoy live music, games, great German fare and local beer from 4-11 p.m. on the square.
- The Zion Nature Center is hosting a Summer Serenade. Listen to the insect chorus of cicadas, katydids and crickets starting at 7 p.m.
- Join Team Nebo Ridge, Inc. for the Sturgeon Moon Gravel Ride & BBQ benefiting the PARC Clinic of Midtown Mental Health of Indianapolis. This fun but challenging non-competitive ride will take place during the August full moon, known as the Sturgeon Moon, at 8 p.m.
- Live Music
Sunday, Aug 26
- The Rotary Club of Zionsville presents their 3rd Annual Sprint Triathlon at 7:30 a.m. This event offers a 200 yd. swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k run throughout Zionsville and Boone County. The event is open to those 15+ however everyone is welcome to attend as there will be various food and athletic vendors.
- Join Pet Valu Zionsville from 12-3 p.m. for a Pet Wash Fundraiser and Adoption Event with the Humane Society for Boone County. Proceeds from $10 washes during this time will be donated to the HS for BC.
- You’re invited to join InWell Cycling for a FREE 12 mile fun and fitness ride starting and ending at Memorial Park in Lebanon. All ages, ability levels and bikes welcome. The ride will begin at 1 p.m.
- Paint it Kids in Zionsville is hosting Pop Art: Paint My Pet at 1 p.m.