Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Friday, August 17
- Give your toddler a fun and interactive introduction to nature with a Mommy and Me: Bees class beginning at 9:30 a.m. at the Zion Nature Center.
- Learn how to use Miss Mustard Seed’s milk paint and the corresponding products at FiveThirty Home in Zionsville during the Milk Paint 101 workshop from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at their store on the Brick Street.
- Head to downtown Lebanon for the Lebanon City Market Friday from 4-7 p.m.
- Looking for a fun outlet for the kids while you enjoy a night out? Bring them to the Back to School themed Parent’s Night Out at the Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon from 5-10 p.m. for an evening of themed games and activities, and dinner provided by Domino’s. Kids will also enjoy popcorn while watching Monsters University.
- Catch live music at Moontown Brewing Co. in Whitestown from 8-11 p.m.
Saturday, August 18
- Swing by the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8-11 a.m. for live music and food vendors!
- Stop by the Whitestown Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Whitestown Municipal Complex.
- Tru-Finds in Lebanon is hosting their August Flea Market beginning at 9 a.m.
- Head to Elm Street Green in Zionsville for Creekfest beginning at 10 a.m. They will have a duck race along with musical entertainment by Dumpster Drummers, kayak and fishing demonstrations and a variety of other booths and activities.
- Zionsville Foodie Fridays…on a Saturday! Plenty of food trucks will be at Zionsville United Methodist Church at 4 p.m. This event is honoring American Veterans and includes a car show.
- Calling all superheros! The Lebanon Park and Recreation Department is hosting a Mother-Son Superhero Party at Memorial Park. Face painting will be set up from 5-7 p.m. and hotdogs, Kona Ice, and games will be from 5-8 p.m. Don’t miss Captain America, Spiderman and Batman from 6-7 p.m. Moms and Sons are encouraged to wear your favorite super hero gear/costumes! Tickets at the door are $12/couple and $5 per additional child.
- Grab your lawn chairs, blankets and snacks and head to Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown to see Cars 3 at sunset (approximately 8:45 p.m.).
- Live Music