Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, August 1
- Visit the Fifth Third Bank Financial Empowerment Mobile at the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County – Lebanon Unit from 2 – 6 p.m. Receive assistance with viewing credit reports, financial decision tools, fraud awareness and prevention, bill payment demonstrations and more.
- Experience First Thursday’s at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. featuring some of Central Indiana’s best artists. There will be refreshments, four different shows, and a few artist studios open to the public.
- Join in Tim’s Thirsty Thursdays at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Listen to former Indiana Poet Laureate Karen Kovacik read from Aperture during Brick Street Poetry at the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville at 7 p.m. It is her translation of a collection of poems by Jacek Dehnel of Poland.
- Enjoy Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Walk Whitestown’s Stretch of the Big 4 Trail with Chief Westrich of the WFD. Meet at the American Legion in Whitestown at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, August 2
- Cheer on the LHS Tiger Pride for Band Day Send Off beginning at 7 a.m. Their route to the Indiana State Fair Band Day starts at Lebanon High School, down E. Ulen Drive, south on Lebanon Street / SR 39 to I-65 North. The Tiger Pride performs at 10:12 a.m. at the Indiana State Fair Grandstand. The Western Boone Imperial Star Command performs at 9 a.m.
- Join in the fun at the Lebanon Public Library’s Gamer’s Guild. Video and board games from 3 – 6 p.m. Free popcorn!
- Experience Chukkers for Children Charity Polo Match at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 6 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $20 per car. Proceeds benefit the Indiana Children’s WIsh Fund.
- Get the family together and enjoy a free concert at the TDS Summer Concert Series located in front of the Whitestown Municipal Complex. 90’s alternative cover band Oh Snap will open the show at 6:00 and local favorite MODOC will take the stage at 7:30 p.m.
- Bring the whole family for a free outdoor Family Movie Night featuring “The Incredibles 2” at the Witham Family YMCA in Lebanon! Doors open at 8 pm.
- Enjoy the First Friday Concert at Moontown Brewery in Whitestown from 8 – 11 p.m. Brett Wiscons & The Benders will perform both originals and crowd-pleasing covers — ranging from Tom Petty to Stevie Wonder and Pearl Jam to Gin Blossoms. $5 cover.
Saturday, August 3
- Put on your running shoes and walk or run to St. Alphonsus Catholic Church in Zionsvile for the You Can Call Me Al 5k. The walk/run begins at 8 a.m.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11 a.m. in The Friendly parking lot.
- Explore the First Saturday Antique and Vintage Market from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Boone County Uniques in Advance.
- Enjoy lunch at Jawbone BBQ in Advance, a new locally owned restaurant serving up delicious BBQ and sides!
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in front of Whitestown Municipal Complex. The Whitestown Parks and Recreation Department will have supplies for them to make a bird feeder that they can take home.
- Bring the kids to Bike with a Cop at Harvest Park in Whitestown. Officers will teach kids about bicycle safety and guide them on a ride through the neighborhood beginning at 10 a.m.
- Meet new furry friends at Paws & Pages at the Lebanon Public Library from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. The event will feature adoptable pets, books, food, crafts, and a petting zoo!
- Explore the 2019 Indy British Motor Days Car Show at Lions Club Park in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Have a blast at the Back to School Bash featuring Backpack United – Boone County at Lebanon Memorial Park from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Boone County students can receive free backpacks filled with school supplies, hearing screenings, haircuts, and visit the food, clothing and shoe pantries. Kid-friendly fun includes the Ninja Dash, face painting, bounce houses and free admission to the water park!
- Have fun at the Back to School Bash at Downtown Park in Jamestown from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Family-friendly activities include Boone EDC Big Games, Silly Safari, Diaper Dash, Pedal Car Races, a Fish Fry and live music. End the evening with a Movie in the Park featuring Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- Read with Rock the Therapy Dog at Brad’s Books in Lebanon from 12 – 3 p.m.
- Join The Illustrious Clients of Indianapolis for a Sherlock Holmes Film Festival at Zionsville Public Library from 1 – 5 p.m. Registration is required.
- Calling all Magic the Gathering fans! Join in a Oathbreaker 1v1 Tournament at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 4 p.m.
- Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the American Legion at the Post 410 Party of the Century in Whitestown beginning at 4 p.m. Chris Shutters, a 2010 “American Idol” contestant and front man for the Chris Shutters Band will perform from 7 – 10 p.m.
- Dance the night away at the Zionsville Street Dance on Main Street from 6 – 11 p.m. This family-friendly event features live music (Endless Summer band), local restaurants, food trucks, beer garden, kids’ area and much more!
- Enjoy live music by Angel Ramos at Books and Brews in Zionsville beginning at 8 p.m.
Sunday, August 4
- Revel in Live Music Sunday’s at People’s Revel Room in Lebanon from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.