Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, April 5
- Create an amazing Minecraft movie with stop motion animation using LEGO® bricks at the Whitestown Municipal Complex April 5 and 6 starting at 9 a.m.
- It’s Spring Break so have some fun! Whitestown Parks and Rec will be bringing out their Recreation on Wheels equipment at the Whitestown Municipal Complex from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. There will be ladder golf, bean bag toss, basketball, football, and other games.
- Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville will be pairing three different homemade popcorn varieties – anything from sweet to savory – with three Hopwood wines for you to enjoy from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The event is $10 per person and registration is available by calling 317-873-4099.
Friday, April 6
- Moontown Brewery’s First Friday Concert Series will host one of Indianapolis’ favorite band, The Why Store! Doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert is at 8 p.m. Tickets are $5.
Saturday, April 7
- It is Opening Day for the Big 4 Trail, and all trails nationwide!
- CANCELLED Join the Whitestown Parks and Recreation team for some fun on the Big 4 Trail at 9 a.m. They will be gathering in the lot along the trail near the American Legion and will have swag bags for the first 50 kids. At 9 a.m. representatives from the Whitestown Bicycle and Pedestrian Board will do a brief informal presentation about the Bike & Ped Master Plan and its timeline. After that, families are encouraged to utilize the trails for a walk, run, or bike ride! More info here.
- CANCELLED Join the Boone EDC and eBoom for an open ride along the Big 4 Trail from the Sam Ralston Trail Head near Menard’s in Lebanon to downtown Thorntown. Mechanic’s tent will open at 10 a.m. and the ride will begin at 11 a.m. Please register here.
- Think spring! Attend GARDENFEST 2018 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. hosted by the Boone Co Master Gardeners at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Lebanon. Free admission and free native tree seedling to the first 300 participants.
- The 27th annual traditional Pow Wow and Indian Market is at the Boone County 4H Fairgrounds on April 7 from 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m. and April 8 from 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.
- At the Zion Nature Center, every week brings new wildflower blooms along the forest trails. Join Park Naturalist Mindy Murdock to discover what’s blooming this week from 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Sunday, April 8
- Watch the last day of The 82nd Masters Tournament in The 1915 Room at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown. There will be Moontown Beer available and the traditional Augusta National pimento cheese sandwiches to munch on while you watch the action unfold. There will be fun games available including a putt-putt hole and chippo. Any hole in one on the putt-putt gets a free 8 oz Moontown beer!