Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, September 7
- Bring the kids to Adventure Time for stories, songs, videos and a game or a craft or Toddler and Preschool Storytime for stories, songs and interactive play at the Thorntown Public Library. The fun begins at 3 p.m.
- Stop by Hussey Mayfield Public Library to challenge other local players during All-Ages Chess beginning at 6 p.m.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, September 8
- Stop by the Arc Artisans Pop Up Shop at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon between 10 a.m. & 2 p.m. They will showcase original paintings, pottery, unique scarves and other handcrafted items.
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Grab your favorite stuffed animal friend and your lunch and join in the Teddy Bear Picnic on the lawn at Elm Street Green in Zionsville for a picnic and story time. After lunch go on a bear hunt!
- Bring your Teddy Bears to the Zionsville Nature Center between 12:30 – 1 p.m. for a Teddy Bear Sleepover Do a special craft then leave them with the Naturalists for a fun nature-filled sleepover party.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Meet your friends for Taste the Maze at Dull’s Tree Farm near Mechanicsburg from 4 – 9 p.m. Wander this year’s corn maze and sample beer & wine from Klooz Brewz. $30 – $45
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload.
- Join in Community BINGO at the Thorntown Public Library from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- The Zionsville Lions Club Fall Festival kicks off tonight and continues through Sunday! The carnival is open tonight from 6 – 11 p.m.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m.
- Check out Summer Night’s Music on the Plaza and Car Cruise In in Downtown Lebanon beginning at 6:30 p.m. The featured entertainment is Fast Cadillac.
- Bring the kids to Movie in the Ball Park at the Little League Central Region Complex in Whitestown. The show begins at 8:30 p.m.
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, September 9
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Declutter your papers during the Home National Bank’s Free Community Shred Day at Lions Club Park in Thorntown from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Arrive from the North on Pearl St.) No hanging file folders, binders, or garbage/No plastic or metal.
- Enjoy the Zionsville Lions Club Fall Festival Parade at 10 a.m. and other festivities throughout the day.
- Pick up fresh produce at the WiseWood Farms Pop Up Stand at Donaldson’s Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Visit the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Bring the kids to Movie in the Park at the Advance Community Park beginning at dusk. The “Magicians Elephant” will be the featured movie.
Sunday, September 3
- Check out the American Dream Car Show during the Zionsville Lions Club Fall Festival from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Pricing based on project.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
Explore these great Boone County amenities over the Labor Day Weekend!
- Stay cool at the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown (through 9/24) and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.