Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, September 21
- Bring the kids to Adventure Time for stories, songs, videos and a game or a craft or Toddler and Preschool Storytime for stories, songs and interactive play at the Thorntown Public Library. The fun begins at 3 p.m.
- Join in the Monarch Migration Hike at Zion Nature Sanctuary in Zionsville to learn about these incredible insects and their life cycle. The hike begins at 4 p.m.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, September 22
- Get off your couch, get out of your house and join the Zionsville Parks for Park & Play at Overly-Worman Park beginning at 10 a.m.
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Bring the little ones to the Tots Session at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. Story time sessions begin at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Get creative during Spooky Season Ghost Painting Class at Hussy Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. The class begins at 4 p.m. RSVPs required.
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Enjoy the last Music on the Plaza & Boone County Bike Night of the season in downtown Lebanon. The Revelators will play from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- The Festival of the Turning Leaves kicks off in Thorntown with a Blue Grass Jam at 5 p.m. and Movies in the Park at 8 p.m.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload.
- Join in the Flava Fresh Opening Gallery Reception at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, September 23
- Experience the Festival of the Turning Leaves Festival in Thorntown. Enjoy live entertainment, street fair & food court and more!
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Meet farm animals and learn how our food is grown during the 3rd Annual North Indy Farm Crawl from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. This is a FREE event!
- Kick off opening day at Dull’s Tree Farm Pumpkin Harvest from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. $13 – $18 pp
- Learn to talk like a pirate during Pirate Booty Camp at the Lebanon Public Library Children’s Dept beginning at 11 a.m.
- Check out Creek Creatures at Elm Street Green in Zionsville and explore the fish, amphibians, reptiles, and invertebrates that call the creek home. The program begins at 3 p.m.
- Bring the family to Movies on the Barn at Maplelawn Farmstead in Zionsville. The movie “Ghostbusters” will begin at 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 24
- Check out the Festival of the Turning Leaves Car Show in Thorntown from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Have fun with the family at Dull’s Tree Farm Pumpkin Harvest from 1 – 7 p.m. $13 – $18 pp
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Pricing based on project.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
Explore these great Boone County amenities over the Labor Day Weekend!
- Stay cool at the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown (through 9/24) and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.