Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, September 14
- Bring the kids to Adventure Time for stories, songs, videos and a game or a craft or Toddler and Preschool Storytime for stories, songs and interactive play at the Thorntown Public Library. The fun begins at 3 p.m.
- Join a Naturalist at Zionsville Nature Center for Toad Abodes. Make a charming toad house that both provides shelter and adds art to your backyard. Ages 5+ $5-$7 pp
- Bring your four-legged friends to Hops & Hounds at Panther Park in Whitestown between 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, September 15
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Come to Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville for Animal Adventures:Slugs & Snails storytime fun beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload.
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, September 16
- Drop off your old household chemicals during Tox Drop at the Zionsville Municipal Building from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Click link for more info.
- Visit some of the best merchants in 18th century reenacting during Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon. The event runs from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. $5-$8 pp
- See classic cars, antique bikes and classic entertainment during the Back to the 50’s Festival at the Boone County Fairgrounds. This FREE event runs from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Join in the Hoosier Mamas Cross Stitch Group at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville at 10 a.m. The group is open to adults who enjoy any form of needle art (knitting, crochet, needlepoint, and of course cross stitch just to name a few).
- Volunteer for the Weed Wrangle at Turkey Foot Park in Zionsville to rid it of invasive honeysuckle beginning at 10 a.m.
- Take home a furry friend during the Football & Furbabies Adoption Event at the Elks Lodge in Lebanon from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Join in the Citizen Science Workshop at the Zionsville Nature Center to learn about different citizen science apps such as iNaturalist beginning at 2 p.m.
- Enjoy a guided tour of local art galleries and the Sugar Creek Art Center during Art Walk beginning at 3 p.m. or 5:30 p.m. $35 pp. RSVP’s required.
- Create art during the SteamPUNK Labs Ceramic Double Feature at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 9 p.m. Price varies per project.
- Bring the family to Movies on the Barn at Maplelawn Farmstead in Zionsville. The classic movie “The Birds” will begin at 7 p.m.
Sunday, September 17
- Visit some of the best merchants in 18th century reenacting during Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon. The event runs from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. $5-$8 pp
- Enjoy the Art of Flux Opening Gallery Exhibition at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Pricing based on project.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
Explore these great Boone County amenities over the Labor Day Weekend!
- Stay cool at the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown (through 9/24) and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.