Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County, Indiana this weekend!
Thursday, September 1
- Poetry on Brick Street at SullivanMunce Cultural Center to enjoy poetry readings starting at 7pm.
- Stop by for Preschool Pals storytime at the Lebanon Public Library from 10:30-11:30am.
- Join Train Storytime at Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library from 10:30-11:15am.
- Bring a short piece of writing to share at Homeschool Writer Show and Tell at the Lebanon Public Library from 1:30-2:30pm.
- Stop by the Zionsville Nature Center from 12-4pm and collect your nature education passport. Collect 5 stamps at any of their 20 nature programs during the month of September to earn a prize!
- Join in on the Tails on the Trails Group Dog Walk at Zionsville Town Hall from 6-7pm.
- Join It’s A Mystery Book Club at Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library from 6:30-7:30pm, 18+.
Friday, September 2
- Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club, gates opening at 5pm and match beginning at 6pm.
- Take part in Storywalker’s Club Event: Round is a Tortilla at Elm Street Green for reading and an activity with the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library from 10:30-11am.
- Read stories, sing, play and craft at Lebanon Public Library’s Storytime from 10:30-11:30am.
- Join a Naturalist for a Morning Bird Walk hike to see who is fluttering around at Elm Street Green from 8:30-9:30am. All levels of birding experience welcome.
- Download the free Magic Park app and head over to Mulberry Fields to play a game that encourages users to run, walk and be active outside. From 4-5pm, take part in: Beep Beep! Fun with Robots, registration required.
Saturday, September 3
- Enjoy the Lebanon City Market Extended Season under the lights in Lebanon from 4-6pm with local producers and artisans!
- Head over to the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8-11:30am.
- Calling all Daisy Girl Scouts! Take part in Girl Scout Saturday: Shapes in Nature from 1-2:30pm at the Zionsville Nature Center. Join a guided hike to look for shapes and patterns in nature, create art, and earn the Math in Nature 1: Shapes in Nature badge.
Sunday, September 4
- Celebrate the new Talent Factory studio at a Grand-Reopening Open House from 2-5pm at 384 N. Mount Zion Rd. in Lebanon. Tour the studio, enjoy Kona Ice and pizza from That Sports Bar, and don’t forget to wear your grooviest outfit!
- September 9 – 11: Zionsville Fall Festival put on by the Lions Club! Enjoy bounce houses, carnival rides, vendors, American Dream Car Show, and the Lion’s Lounge Saturday evening with adult beverages and the “Impalas” band. Friday is the VIP Carnival for families with Special Needs. This year’s theme is Chills & Thrills in Lions Park; more info on the parade, events and activities can be found here.
- September 9 – 11: Hoosier Hardwood Festival at the Boone County Fairgrounds. A weekend full of lumberjack shows, woodworkers, artisans, crafters, beer garden, festival food and live entertainment! Participate in the Lumberjack Camps to learn how to log roll, axe throw, or X-cut with a 2-person saw. More info here.
- September 16 – 17: Back to the 50’s Festival at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds! More info here.
- September 18: Tri-Area Library 40th Birthday Party; Celebrate the birthday and renovation of Tri-Area Library at 2 West Main Street in Jamestown from 1-3pm!
- September 16 – 18: Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon. More info here.
- September 24 – 25: Lincoln’s Lebanon – Civil War Reenactment Event presented by the Ruth Brookshire Charitable Foundation! More info here.