Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, May 6
- Experience great works of art during First Thursdays at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. This month’s event features the 2021 Webo Senior Exhibition, Featured Artist of the Month, Charlotte Clayton, Winner of 2020 SCAC Scholarship Award and more!
- Order carryout meals from local restaurants and visit nearby businesses during Night on the Bricks in downtown Zionsville from 5 – 9 p.m. Tables will be pre-set on Main Street, but attendees should bring their own chairs and wear face coverings when not eating.
- Join in the first Brick Street Poetry reading of 2021 at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. Norbert Krapf is the guest poet.
Friday, May 7
- Start your morning with a Morning Bird Walk at Turkey Foot Park in Zionsville beginning at 8:30 a.m. Registration required.
- Join in Story Time at Elm Street Green in Zionsville at 10:30 a.m. to celebrate the StoryWalk featuring the new book One Small Place in a Tree by Barbara Brenner.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Get a glimpse of Temple Grandin’s life and how she learned to make her way in the world with Autism during Movie Chat: Temple Grandin at 6:30 p.m. Watch the movie at home and join the Hussey Mayfield Library for an invigorating virtual discussion of Temple’s life, inventions, and more.
- Enjoy a brew and the live music of Jeremiah Johnson Band at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown from 8 – 11 p.m. Masks & Social Distancing required.
Saturday, May 8
- Kick off your Saturday at the Megan Hammerle Memorial 5K at Lebanon High School beginning at 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit Boone County Mentoring Partnership.
- Enjoy stories and crafts during the Saturday Children’s Hour at the Tri-Area Library in Jamestown from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (For children ages 2 through 10.)
- Have lunch with your girlfriends and a very unique comedy routine, “In the Eyes of the Beholder”, at Cochran’s Catering in Jamestown beginning at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the Tri-Area Library.
- Bring your little ones to the Princess Party at the Herr Cabin in Lebanon Memorial Park from 1 – 4 p.m. Princesses will help with crafts and be available for pictures/visits. Cookies and punch will also be served. Call 765-482-8860 to register.
Sunday, May 9
- Celebrate the “mom” in your life and treat her to a meal at one of the many great Boone County restaurants! Be sure to make reservations!
- Treat the special women in your life to a Mother’s Day Restorative Workshop at Honor Yoga in Zionsville beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Start your Mother’s Day with Detox/Retox: Yoga & Cocktails at Hotel Tango in Zionsville beginning at 11 a.m. Honor Yoga will lead you through a “choose your own adventure” yoga class; followed by a craft cocktail hour with a personal Hotel Tango Mixologist. $25 pp
- Bring the family for food, fun and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.