Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, May 13
- Build your home library at the Thorntown Library Spring Book Sale from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Ever wonder what makes hummingbirds so unique? Join a Naturalist at the Hussey Mayfield Library 6th Street entrance in Zionsville for Magnificent Hummingbirds. Be sure to register for this 3 p.m. program.
- Have a fun evening during the Book String Art Class at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon beginning at 6:30 p.m. $10 pp
- Order carryout meals from local restaurants and visit nearby businesses during Night on the Bricks in downtown Zionsville from 5 – 9 p.m. Tables will be pre-set on Main Street, but attendees should bring their own chairs and wear face coverings when not eating.
- Enjoy dinner and Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. Featured musicians: Boggs & Band
Friday, May 14
- Build your home library at the Hussey Mayfield Public Library Sidewalk Sale from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. or the Thorntown Library Spring Book Sale from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Get crafty with Boone County Senior Services Tea Cup & Fairy Garden Craft Class at the American Legion in Zionsville. The class begins at 1 p.m. Call 765-482-5220 to register. $5 pp
- Check out the Lebanon Courthouse Cruise In and Music on the Plaza from 6 – 8 p.m. Bring a chair and enjoy the classic cars and music by “One Foot In.”
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Experience Zionsville Show Choirs Finale 2021 at the Star Bank Performing Arts Center in Zionsville in person or virtually. The show begins at 7 p.m.
- Take the kids to M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg for an old-fashioned drive-in movie night. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, May 15
- Declutter during Thorntown’s Spring Clean Up. Thorntown residents can take residential waste to Thorntown Towing & Recovery between 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. See link for more details.
- Test out your next kayak at Moving Water Outfitters Kayak Demo Days at Boone’s Pond (located at I-65 & SR 267) from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. They will have demo models for you to try out on the water.
- Take home new treasures from the Tru-Finds May Flea Market in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Build your home library at the Hussey Mayfield Public Library Sidewalk Sale from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. or the Thorntown Library Spring Book Sale from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Help to build the walls for the Habitat for Humanity Faith Wall Build at Zionsville Presbyterian Church beginning at 10 a.m. Be sure to register. All ages welcome!
- Celebrate Kids to Parks Day with a fun hike in Starkey Park in Zionsville beginning at 2 p.m. Registration required.
- Experience Zionsville Show Choirs Finale 2021 at the Star Bank Performing Arts Center in Zionsville in person or virtually. The shows begin at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Check out the Indiana High School Rodeo at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Lebanon beginning at 7 p.m. $6 – $10 pp
- Drive through and take home dinner during the Boone County Shrine Club Pork & Chicken BBQ at the Lebanon American Legion from 4 – 7 p.m. $5 – $10 per meal.
Sunday, May 16
- Bring the family for food, fun and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.