Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, June 29
- Bring the little ones to a Tots Session at Hussey Mayfield Library in Zionsville at 9:30 or 10:30 a.m.Take in a FREE movie at GQT Lebanon 7 at 10 a.m. Today’s movie is Puss in Boots.
- Stop by the Lebanon Public Library for Windchime Decorating from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. All ages welcome!
- Watch things explode, blow up, burst, shatter & detonate and learn why they do it during Chemistry is a Blast! at the Thorntown Public Library at 2 p.m.
- RESCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JULY 1: Have dinner at the Salvation Army of Boone County Dinner at Lebanon Memorial Park from 5 – 7 p.m. $10 pp
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park in Whitestown.
- Have fun at the 4th of July Carnival at Lebanon Memorial Park. The carnival run through July 4th. Hours are 5 – 10 p.m.
- Relax during Let’s Meditate Together at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville. The class begins at 6 p.m.
- Join the Indiana Wildlife Federation for a talk on gardening with natives during Barns & Brews at Maplelawn Farmstead in Zionsville at 6:30 p.m. $15.50 per person. 21+ event.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, June 30
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s new Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m.
- Attend a free concert by the Boone County Community Band at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
- Let the detective in you shine as you incorporate all of the clues to solve the Murder at the Bakeshop at Aspasia Bake Shop in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. $50 pp
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, July 1
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Decorate your bike and come to the Pedal Parade at Memorial Park in Lebanon. The parade for kids up to age 15 begins at 10 a.m. with a carnival to follow. See link for free registration.
- Pick up fresh produce at the WiseWood Farms Pop Up Stand at Donaldson’s Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Learn about Animal Babies at the Zionsville Nature Center beginning at 10 a.m.
- Bike with a Cop at Gateway Park in Whitestown beginning at 10 a.m. Be sure to wear a helmet!
- Visit the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Cheer on local talent at the Boone County 4th of July Talent Show at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning at 5 p.m.
- Start your Independence Day celebration at Heavenly Acres Farm in Thorntown for a free fireworks show at 9:40 pm.
Sunday, July 2
- Have lunch then check out the First Sunday Market at Moontown Brewing Company in Whitestown from 1 – 5 p.m.
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Price based on project.
- Enjoy the Zionsville Summer Concert Series featuring the Zionsville Concert Band at Lions Club Park beginning at 7 p.m.
Check our our 4th of July blog post for more information on events and fireworks.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
- Whitestown Farmers Market – Thursdays at Main Street Park from 5 – 8 p.m. through August 31.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Stay cool at Seashore Waterpark at Lebanon’s Memorial Park, and the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Explore the Zionsville Butterfly Trail through August 31 or explore one of the many trails in and around Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.