Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, June 17
- Celebrate at the Youth Learning Garden Grand Opening, 300 Block of South East Street in Lebanon from 4 – 6 p.m. Ribbon Cutting at 4:30 p.m. Children’s activities, scavenger hunt, refreshments and more. Sponsored by MIBOR.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Create a small succulent display during the Succulent Make & Take Class at the Thorntown Public Library beginning at 6 p.m. $5 pp
Friday, June 18
- Go back in time as you explore The Escape Trail at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg. $12-$20 pp (Friday & Saturday)
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Be sure to check out Animal STEM Activities at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 4:30 p.m. (Kids through 5th grade)
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $40 per car. Proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Join Indiana-born author Robert Blaemire via Zoom as he presents on his book, Birch Bayh: Making A Difference, beginning at 6 p.m.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- CANCELLED DUE TO SAFETY & WEATHER CONCERNS: Kick-off your weekend at the Summer Concert Series featuring the music of Marcus Rezak’s Truth In Sound Band at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. The doors open at 6 p.m. and music begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free of charge. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs.
- Check out the Vintage Camper Rally and Music on the Plaza on the historic Lebanon Downtown Square beginning at 7:30 p.m. Eliana Weston is the featured entertainment.
- Enjoy a Summer Concert on the Lawn at Azionaqua in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. This week’s featured band is The Papercuts.
Saturday, June 19
- Enjoy a day of flying, food and family fun at the 14th Annual Open House & Fly-In at Indy Exec Airport on SR 32 in Zionsville. The annual event is a family-friendly day of aerial performances, static aircraft displays, fly-bys, airplane rides, helicopter candy drop, Warbirds, pancake breakfast, food trucks, bounce houses, magic show, princess performance, tons of kids activities, and much more. The event is FREE to attend.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Learn fly fishing basics during Fly Fishing 101 at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. The class begins at 9 a.m. Be sure to rsvp.
- Stay healthy and get your shot during the COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at the Thorntown Public Library from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Kick off your day at Lemonade & Lunges at New Hope Christian Church in Whitestown. This 9 a.m. High Intensity Interval Training workout session benefits the Isaiah 117 House. $10+ donation pp
- Explore the Tru-Finds Treasures Flea Market in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Get inspired during the Shalom Garden Tour in Lebanon & Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. $15 donation.
- Learn about native plants and animals during the Wild Wonders Hike at Turkey Foot Nature Park in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m.
- Check out the art exhibitions and gift shop at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Meet The Artist: Jackson Mahaney at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 12 – 2 p.m.
- Take the family to Seashore Waterpark in Lebanon or get wet at one of the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park, Main Street Park or Mulberry Fields.
Sunday, June 20
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Meet up with fellow Jeep lovers during the Jeep Meet N Greet at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 3 – 7 p.m.
- Enjoy and evening of music during the Boone County Community Band Concert at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.