Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, June 10
- Bring the kids to the Maplelawn Farmstead Open House in Zionsville from 9 – 11:30 a.m. There will be hands-on activities to create crafts and toys that would have been available to children in the 1930s.
- Join in BINGO at Lions Club Park in Zionsville from 1 – 3 p.m.
- Play Fire Station Tug of War at ZFD Station 93 from 1 – 3 p.m. Join ZFD firefighters in silly and sloppy rounds of water ball!
- Get wet during the Water Show at 2 p.m. at the Thorntown Public Library. Be sure to bring a towel!
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Create a tasty masterpiece at the Rainy Days Cooking Decorating Class at Hopwood Cellars Winery in Zionsville. $50 pp. Be sure to preregister!
Friday, June 11
- Bring the kids for Outdoor Art at Elm Street Green beginning at 10 a.m. in Zionsville. There will be stories and a chance to make your own sidewalk creations
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Peruse the Hob Knob Market at the Boone County Fairgrounds from 4 – 8 p.m. This pop-up style vintage & handmade market is full of fun and whimsical items. $5 – $10 pp
- Check out the Lebanon Courthouse Cruise In and Music on the Plaza from 6 – 8 p.m. Bring a chair and enjoy the classic cars and music by the “Paul Holdman Trio.”
- Experience Opening Night of Polo at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, music, and an airplane candy drop for the kids at this family friendly event. $40 per car.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Kick-off your weekend at the Summer Concert Series featuring the music of Stella Lunar and the Satellites at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. The doors open at 6 p.m. and music begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free of charge. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs.
- Enjoy a Summer Concert at Azionaqua in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. This week’s featured band is Remember June.
- Take the kids to M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg for an old-fashioned drive-in movie night. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
- Enjoy Movies in the Park at Tom Johnson Memorial Park – Baseball Diamond 1 in Thorntown. The movie “Inside Out” will begin at 9 p.m. Be sure to bring lawn chairs, blankets, bug spray & sodas.
Saturday, June 12
- Kids ages 5-18 are invited to join in the annual Lebanon Kiwanis Fishing Derby at the Hot Pond Park in Lebanon. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Be sure to bring your own fishing poles!
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Celebrate Spring! at Sullivan Munce Cultural Center in Zionsville. From 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., kids can create a colorful Koi fish craft!
- Bring your friends for Fly Fishing 101 at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. This free class begins at 9 a.m. and rsvp’s are requested.
- Peruse the Hob Knob Market at the Boone County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. This pop-up style vintage & handmade market is full of fun and whimsical items. $5 – $10 pp
- Step back in time at Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Experience early American life with dozens of historic craftspeople and re-enactors. View the daily event schedule here.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Bike with A Cop at Main Street Park in Whitestown beginning at 10 a.m. Be safe and wear a helmet!
- Visit the Wisewood Farms Veggie Wagon fro 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Donaldson’s Finer Chocolates in Lebanon.
- Learn about bees during the Introduction to Bee Keeping class at Maplelawn Farmstead in Zionsville. The class begins at 10 a.m. $15 pp. Be sure to register!
- Get sparkly during Princess Makeovers with Kandy at Between the Pages Bookstore. The fun begins at 10 a.m.
- Meet Pete Nunweiler, local author and paranormal investigator, at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon between 11 a.m. 4 p.m. His new book, The River House, was just released!
- Swing by the Food Truck Fundraiser at Strawmyer & Drury Mortuary in Lebanon from 12 – 7 p.m. Donations benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County – Lebanon Unit.
- Check out the art exhibitions and gift shop at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 13
- Step back in time at Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Experience early American life with dozens of historic craftspeople and re-enactors.
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Track at Advance Community Park.