Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, July 6
- Take in a FREE movie at GQT Lebanon 7 at 10 a.m. Today’s movie is Trolls: World Tour.
- Have fun during the Freddy Fossil Dino Show at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 11 a.m.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park in Whitestown.
- Stop by for Evening Story Time at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Enjoy a night of poetry at Poetry on Brick Street at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. Bloomington poet Hiromi Yoshida will be the guest poet for the evening.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, July 7
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m.
- Join in the story and activity at Elm Street Green in Zionsville to celebrate the StoryWalk’s Club Event featuring the book How to Say Hello to a Worm by Kari Percival. The program begins at 10:30 a.m. Registration required.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s new Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload
- Shop your way through the Christmas in July Vendor Market at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg from 5 – 9 p.m. $5 pp. Purchase tickets online or at the door.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m.
- Meet your friends at the Free Summer Concert Series at the Whitestown Municipal Building beginning at 7 p.m. This week’s featured band is The Indigos.
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, July 8
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Learn about Small Animals at the Zion Nature Sanctuary in Zionsville beginning at 10 a.m.
- Pick up fresh produce at the WiseWood Farms Pop Up Stand at Donaldson’s Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Shop your way through the Christmas in July Vendor Market at Dull’s Tree Farm in Mechanicsburg from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. $5 pp. Purchase tickets online or at the door.
- Celebrate all things taffy during the Tour of Taffy starting at the Heart of Lebanon office from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. $12 pp
- Visit the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Grab your family and get outside for a Family Nature Hike at Turkey Foot Nature Park in Zionsville beginning at 2 p.m.
- Cheer on your favorite contestant at the Miss Boone County Contest at the Boone County Fairgrounds beginning at 7 p.m.
Sunday, July 9
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Price based on project.
- Enjoy the Zionsville Summer Concert Series featuring the Indianapolis Symphonic Band at Lions Club Park beginning at 7 p.m.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
- Whitestown Farmers Market – Thursdays at Main Street Park from 5 – 8 p.m. through August 31.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Stay cool at Seashore Waterpark at Lebanon’s Memorial Park, and the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Explore the Zionsville Butterfly Trail through August 31 or explore one of the many trails in and around Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.