Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend.
Thursday, July 13
- Take in a FREE movie at GQT Lebanon 7 at 10 a.m. Today’s movie is Hotel Transylvania.
- Calling all kids! Play BINGO at the Thorntown Public Library beginning at 2 p.m.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park in Whitestown.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, July 14
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m.
- Join librarians and naturalists at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville for Animal Adventures: Fish beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Take the kids to the Bubble Wonders Show at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 4 p.m.
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s new Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload
- Join in Community BINGO at the Thorntown Public Library beginning at 6 p.m.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m.
- Enjoy Music on the Plaza & Car Cruise In in Downtown Lebanon from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. The featured entertainment is the Poor Valley Band.
- Take in a play at the Black Box Theatre in Lebanon. Local middle school students are starring in The Servant of Two Masters beginning at 7 p.m.
- Meet your friends at the Free Summer Concert Series at the Whitestown Municipal Building beginning at 7 p.m. This week’s featured band is Grove Smash.
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, July 15
- The Boone County 4-H Fair kicks off today! Be sure to check out the daily schedule of events by clicking on the link.
- Today’s highlights include: Habitat Wall Build, Non-animal 4-H Project exhibits, Horse/Pony, Rabbits, Goat Shows, Young McDonald’s Farm, Monster Truck Rides, Demolition Derby, The Dan Burnell Band, Hay Rides and more!
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Find some treasures at the Tru-Finds Treasures Flea Market in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Bike with a Cop at Eagles Nest Neighborhood Pool at 10 a.m. Be sure to wear a helmet!
- Join in the Hoosier Mamas Cross Stitch Group at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville at 10 a.m. The group is open to adults who enjoy any form of needle art (knitting, crochet, needlepoint, and of course cross stitch just to name a few).
- Pick up fresh produce at the WiseWood Farms Pop Up Stand at Donaldson’s Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- MOVED TO SUNDAY, JULY 16: Check out the Summer Fun Vendor Market at Just Us in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Jawbone BBQ will be serving up their lunch favorites.
- Preschoolers can explore the world of robotics as they build simple models that teach the fundamentals of robotic design during Snapology: KinderBots at Hussey Mayfield Public Library beginning at 11 a.m. Ages 4 – 6. $10 pp. Preregistration required.
- Visit the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Discover the buzz about Pollinators at the Zionville Nature Center at Hussey Mayfield Public Library between 12 – 4 p.m.
- Learn engineering strategies for building sturdy structures using LEGO® bricks during Snapology: Combat Robots at Hussey Mayfield Public Library in Zionsville from 1 – 3 p.m. Ages 7 – 14. $25 pp. Preregistration required.
- Take in a play at the Black Box Theatre in Lebanon. Local middle school students are starring in The Servant of Two Masters beginning at 2 p.m.
- Hone your decorating skills during the Cupcake Class at Apasia Bakery in Zionsville beginning at 2 p.m. $50 pp. Registration required.
- Join the Boone County Master Gardeners for a free workshop on Indiana Native & Invasive Plants at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds – Farm Bureau Building. The program begins at 2 p.m.
Sunday, July 16
- The Boone County 4-H Fair continues through July 21. Be sure to check out the daily schedule of events by clicking on the link.
- Today’s highlights include: Bear Hollow Wood Carving Shows, Non-animal 4-H Projects on exhibit, Feeder Calf, Goat & Beef Shows, Family Games hosted by Hunter Smith (former Colts player), Hoedown Express Cloggers, Mud Bog, Terry Lee Ridley & His Million Dollar Band and more!
- Join the Boone County Master Gardeners for a free workshop on Pollinators in the Garden at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds – Farm Bureau Building. The program begins at 11 a.m.
- Visit the Radiant Color Palette Opening Reception at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 12 – 4 p.m. It includes Blossom, as colorful solo exhibition by Julie Davis.
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Price based on project.
- Enjoy the Zionsville Summer Concert Series featuring Swing Shift Indy at Lions Club Park beginning at 7 p.m.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
- Whitestown Farmers Market – Thursdays at Main Street Park from 5 – 8 p.m. through August 31.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Stay cool at Seashore Waterpark at Lebanon’s Memorial Park, and the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Explore the Zionsville Butterfly Trail through August 31 or explore one of the many trails in and around Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.