Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, February 18
- During Random Acts of Kindness Week, the Boone EDC encourages you to share the love by decorating your windows with hearts of all kinds. Click here for ideas. #BooneCountyHeartHunt
- Late winter is a perfect time of year to look and listen for owls! Join the Zion Nature Center for Owl Prowl, a webinar that will introduce you to common Indiana owls and their calls, discuss tips for spotting owls, and give suggestions for attracting these incredible birds to your property.
- Swap stories, share burdens and hear real life words of wisdom from people who have survived and even thrived during Parenting Our College-Aged Kids hosted by The Cabin in Zionsville. The workshop runs from 7 – 9 p.m. $35 pp
- Have fun during Pub Poll – Survey Trivia at That Sports Bar in Lebanon beginning at 7 p.m. The Top 3 teams take home house prizes!
Friday, February 19
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Clean out those closets and donate your old shoes to the Reuse Heart & Sole Annual Shoe Collection led by Boone County Solid Waste Management. Donations accepted through the 23rd.
Saturday, February 20
- Enjoy stories and crafts during the Saturday Children’s Hour at the Tri-Area Library in Jamestown from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (For children ages 2 through 10.)
- Grab a pencil and paper and join in Saturday Scribbles with Hussey Mayfield Public Library. This is a casual art tutorial series where you can learn techniques from character design to zentangle patterns. Each Saturday a new tutorial will be posted at 11 a.m.
- Enjoy live music and a glass of wine from 2 – 4 p.m. at Hopwood Cellars in Zionsville.
- Support the Humane Society for Boone County’s Mardi Gras Fur Ball Pawty. Special VIP viewing party at 7 p.m. with guest speaker Jackson Galaxy with “My Cat from Hell.” The virtual doors will be “thrown open” at 7:30 p.m. for everyone to join in the fun, which includes Silent and Live Auctions, and the Mardi Gras Cat and Dog Mask Contest. Be sure to buy your tickets and/or register for the Silent Auction.
- Bring your friends and compete in the Corn Hole Tournament at the VFW Post 901 in Lebanon. Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. $5 entry fee – blind draw for teams.
Sunday, February 21
- Bundle up and go outside for some winter day fun! Go sledding, make a snowman, have a snowball fight, or take a stroll through your neighborhood’s wintery wonderland!
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Come to the Hussey Mayfield Public Library’s 5th street entrance and follow the signs for the Story Walk. Peek in the windows to read Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner.