Thursday, August 5
- Explore the First Thursday’s Opening Exhibition, “Skylines: Cityscapes and Landscapes” by featured artist Jordan Hoffman at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. The exhibition will feature his collection of architectural observations from Germany, London & Ireland. JC Cocina will be serving dinner.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park.
- Join in Poetry on Brick Street at SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville beginning at 7 p.m. The featured Poet, Joe Heithaus, is the Richard W. Peck Professor of Creative Writing at DePauw University. The reading will be followed by a book signing and open mic.
- Come out and support the Lebanon Tiger Pride Marching Band during their FREE Community Night Performance at Lebanon High School. The band will take the field at 7 p.m.
Friday, August 6
- Start your morning at the Bird Hike at Elm Street Green in Zionsville beginning at 8:30 a.m. Be sure to register.
- Join special guest, Becky Stuck for Story Time at Elm Street Green to celebrate the StoryWalk featuring the new book Magnificent Monarchs by Linda Glacer. The program begins at 10:30 a.m. Be sure to register.
- Meet new friends at the CICOA Senior Luncheon at the Thorntown Library – Room 116 at 11:30 a.m.
- Do you have what it takes to beat the Red Bull Formula 1 pit stop crew? Come on out to the Lebanon Walmart for the Pit Stop Challenge from 2 – 6 p.m. This high energy fun on the Red Bull Pit Stop Tour and test your pit stop skills for a chance to win the Ultimate Red Bull F1 racing experience.
- Experience Polo at Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown from 5 – 9 p.m. Bring your own food, drinks, seating, and tents to enjoy tailgating, and music at this family friendly event. $40 per car. Proceeds benefit Progress House.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Kick-off your weekend at the Summer Concert Series featuring the music of My Yellow RIckshaw at the Whitestown Municipal Complex. The doors open at 6 p.m. and music begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free of charge. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs.
- Enjoy Music on the Plaza in downtown Lebanon beginning at 7:30 p.m. Gather, a group of local high school and college students team up to perform hit Christian music. Be sure to bring a chair!
- Take the kids to M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg for an old-fashioned drive-in movie night. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, August 7
- Experience the Zionsville Paint Out from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. where artists will gather in the Village of Zionsville for a Plein Air (Painting Outside) day of painting.
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 8 – 11:30 a.m. between Pine & Hawthorne Streets in downtown Zionsville.
- Join Blooming Life Yoga for Free Community Yoga at Lions Park in Zionsville at 9 a.m.
- Bring the kids to Bike with a Cop at 10 a.m. Meet at Fundae’s in Whitestown and be sure to wear your helmet!
- Check out Farm Day at Wonder Tree Regenerative Farm in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. There will be chicks, ducks, goats, donkeys, piggies, horse rides, cotton candy, desserts, refreshments, and freedom to explore the countryside. $10 per car
- Stock up at the Wisewood Farm Produce Stand at Donaldson’s Finer Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and then pick up a sweet treat for the trip home.
- Have fun during JCP’s Back to School Bash at Jamestown Community park beginning at 11 a.m. Activities include: Chalk Art Contest @ 11 a.m., Music, bounce house, Silly Safari, games & other activities @ 12 p.m. Hotdogs, fried fish, baked beans desserts @ 4 p.m., Live entertainment throughout the day and a showing of “The Sandlot” at dusk.
- Visit the Heritage Museum and learn about the history of Thorntown from 11 – 4 p.m. or check out the art exhibitions and gift shop at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy good food, drinks, yard games, bouncy houses, music, and more at MHABC’s End of the Summer Bash at 810 E. Fordice Road, Lebanon from 2 – 8 p.m. $10 pp (2 and under free) Benefits Mental Health America Boone County.
- Dance the night away during the Zionsville Street Dance beginning at 6 p.m. This FUN night of dancing on Main Street will offer the great music of the Chicago based Sixteen Candles, beverages from local breweries, wineries, and distilleries, as well as a Kid’s Area. Tickets $5 – 20 pp.
Sunday, August 8
- Bring the family for food, fun, and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Enjoy an Evening Concert by the Boone County Community Band at Lebanon Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
Explore these great Boone County amenities anytime!
- Take the family to Seashore Waterpark in Lebanon for a weekend swim or get wet at one of the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park, Main Street Park or Mulberry Fields.
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Visit the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Be part of the magic and play at Mulberry Fields Park Magical Park in Zionsville through October 31. The Magical Park turns a normal park into a digital fantasy land and playground that encourages kids and families to explore a virtual world. Click on the link to learn more!