Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend!
Thursday, August 31
- Bring the kids to Adventure Time for stories, songs, videos and a game or a craft or Toddler and Preschool Storytime for stories, songs and interactive play at the Thorntown Public Library. The fun begins at 3 p.m.
- Shop local meat, produce, and artisan items at the Whitestown Farmers’ Market from 5 – 8 p.m. at Main Street Park in Whitestown.
- Play D&D in the Teen Department at the Lebanon Public Library beginning at 5 p.m.
- Kick up your heels during Free Line Dancing Lessons on the patio at That Sports Bar in Lebanon from 7:30 – 10 p.m.
Friday, September 1
- Start your day at the Morning Bird Walk at Turkey Foot Park in Zionsville beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Read stories, sing songs and make crafts during Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library at 10 a.m. or 11 a.m.
- Bring the kids (3+) for a story and activity during the StoryWalker’s Club at Elm Street Green in Zionsville beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Work on your Quilting project at the Thorntown Public Library from 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
- Check out the Boone County Distillery’s Tasting Room in Lebanon from 4 – 10 p.m. tonight & Saturday.
- Take in a polo match and tailgate at Polo At Sunset at Hickory Hall Polo Club in Whitestown. Gates open at 5 p.m. Match begins at 6 p.m. $40 per carload.
- Attend the Cynthia Young Opening Art Exhibition at Robert Goodman Jewelers in Zionsville from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon beginning at 6:15 p.m.
- Enjoy a double feature at M.E.L.S. at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Box office opens at 7:30 p.m. $25 per carload.
Saturday, September 2
- Purchase locally grown produce, plants, foods, coffee and tea, breads and pastries, pasta, peanut butter, eggs, and meats at the Zionsville Farmers’ Market from 9 – 10:30 a.m. on Main Street.
- Start your day with free Yoga in the Park at Lions Club Park in Zionsville beginning at 9 a.m.
- Head over to Advance Park to cheer on the Hoosier RC Racers Final Points Race. Racing begins at 9 a.m.
- Pick up fresh produce at the WiseWood Farms Pop Up Stand at Donaldson’s Chocolates in Lebanon from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Check out the Indiana Gifts Pop Up Shop in Lebanon from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Visit the SullivanMunce Cultural Center in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Enjoy the music of The Jazz Elements at Hopwood Cellars in Zionsville from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Meet your friends for the Labor Day Rock Bash at the Echo Room in downtown Lebanon. Doors open at 7 p.m. $10 cover. 21+
Sunday, September 3
- Get creative during STEAMPunk Labs ceramics workshop at the Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 3 – 8 p.m. Pricing based on project.
- Zionsville Farmers Market – Saturdays through September 30 from 8 – 11:30 a.m. Located on Main Street between Pine and Hawthorne.
- Lebanon City Market – Tuesdays through September from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Big Four Trail on Main Street.
- Whitestown Farmers Market – Thursdays at Main Street Park from 5 – 8 p.m. through August 31.
Explore these great Boone County amenities over the Labor Day Weekend!
- Stay cool at the Splash Pads at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon, Main Street Park in Whitestown and Mulberry Fields in Zionsville.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown, Big 4 Trail Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.