Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County, Indiana this weekend!
Thursday, August 25
- Visit the last Whitestown Farmers Market from 5-8 pm at Main Street Park!
- The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library Bookmobile will be stationed at Walker Farms by the pool from 10 am – 11 am!
- Ready to challenge other players to a game of chess? Stop by Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library at 6 pm, all ages welcome.
- Let out your inner artist and paint a canvas at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library! Ages 13+ starting at 6:30 pm.
Friday, August 26
- Take in the final night of Music on the Plaza with the Heart of Lebanon, featuring rock and roll from Little Joe under the lights on Meridian Street from 6:30 -8:30 pm.
- Celebrate National Dog Day by joining a dog friendly walk through the new Overly-Worman Park in Zionsville.
- Enjoy a sunset polo match at Hickory Hall Polo Club from 6 pm – 9 pm. Gates open at 5 pm with an airplane flyover at halftime with a candy drop! Cost is $40 per carload (cash only).
Saturday, August 27
- Bike with a Cop at 2 pm put on by the Whitestown Metropolitan Police Department. Riders will meet at Fundaes.
- Attend Snapology Pokemania at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library from 1 pm – 3 pm.
- Join the new Saturday Storytime at the Lebanon Public Library from 10:30 am – 11:30 am to read books by Eric Carle.
- Earn your Brownie Girl Scouts Bugs Badge at Girl Scout Saturday hosted by the Zionsville Nature Center from 2 pm – 4 pm. Create bug posters, go on a bug hike, and observe bugs in action!
- Check out the Zionsville Farmers Market from 8 am – 11:30 am on Main Street.
- Explore Turkey Foot Nature Park in Zionsville on a Wild Edibles Hike with a park Naturalist to learn about edible plants, identification and how to prepare them. Ages 12+ from 10 am – 11 am.
Sunday, August 28
- Learn about Python Coding for Beginners during a virtual session hosted by the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library at 10 am.
- September 9 – 11: Zionsville Fall Festival put on by the Lions Club! Enjoy bounce houses, carnival rides, vendors, American Dream Car Show, and the Lion’s Lounge Saturday evening with adult beverages and the very popular “Impalas” band. Friday is the VIP Carnival for families with Special Needs. This year’s theme is Chills & Thrills in Lions Park; more info on the parade, events and activities can be found here.
- September 9 – 11: Hoosier Hardwood Festival at the Boone County Fairgrounds. A weekend full of lumberjack shows, woodworkers, artisans, crafters, beer garden, festival food and live entertainment! Participate in the Lumberjack Camps to learn how to log roll, axe throw, or X-cut with a 2-person saw. More info here.
- September 16 – 18: Colonial Market Days at Abner Longley Park in Lebanon. More info here.