Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to follow local and business COVID guidelines, which may include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, April 15
- Participate in the Step into Spring Walking Spree and enjoy the Zionsville Parks. Their flat, easy trails are good for strollers, wheelchairs, walkers, and canes. This inclusive walking spree has no required mileage amount so anyone can participate.
- Start your morning with Morning Bird Hike at Starkey Nature Park in Zionsville! Join a Naturalist for an 8 a.m. hike to see who’s fluttering around. Be sure to register.
- Enjoy dinner and Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville beginning at 5:30 p.m. The featured musician is John Leap on piano.
Friday, April 16
- Join in the IU Herbarium Scavenger Hunt! Boone County residents are encouraged to get outside, explore our area’s unique flora, and submit photos and information on the plant species you observe.
- Peruse the Crewel Jewels Needlework Exposition at SullivanMunce Cultural Center from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
- Brush up on your women’s suffrage history at “Motors and Mass Rallies: Expanding the Movement after 1909” presented by Dr. Anita Morgan from the Indiana Women’s Suffrage Centennial. This virtual program is hosted by Hussey Mayfield Public Library and begins at 6 p.m.
- Enjoy a double feature of Godzilla vs. King Kong and Demolition Man at Mels at the Starlite Drive-In in Mechanicsburg. Doors open at 7. $25 a carload.
Saturday, April 17
- Visit the first outdoor Flea Market of the season at Tru-Finds Treasures in Lebanon from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Looking for a volunteer project? Beginning at 9 a.m., volunteers will meet at Advance Community Park to get it ready for the summer. Volunteers are needed to pick up sticks and limbs, clean the bathrooms & concession stand, rake & sow grass seed, and assemble picnic table & benches.
- Join in the Pull for Parks at Starkey Nature Center in Zionsville from 9 – 11 a.m. Volunteers will learn how to identify invasive plants and then “pull” them to make room for native plants.
- Enjoy stories and crafts during the Saturday Children’s Hour at the Tri-Area Library in Jamestown from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (For children ages 2 through 10.)
- Check out the Get Married in Zionsville Wedding Show at the Brick Street Inn in Zionsville from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. This is the perfect show at which to discover area wedding vendors offering personalized services. $10 pp
- Get vaccinated at the Walk-In Moderna COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at the Boone County Fairgrounds from 12 – 7 p.m. No appointment needed. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Being a teenager has its fair share of challenges. Middle school girls can join therapist, Hollyn Swider, for the Love Your Selfie Workshop to move past judgement and learn to love your self(ie). The workshop runs from 1 – 3:30 p.m. $75 pp
- Join your friends at the inaugural Denim & Diamonds in Zionsville. There will be socially distanced blinging and mingling, tex-mex dishes, hand-crafted beverages, and live entertainment to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County. Tickets $100+.
Sunday, April 18
- Talk a walk on the Big 4 Trail in Whitestown and from Lebanon to Thorntown or visit one of their family-friendly parks.
- Explore the Born Learning Trail with your kids at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown or take a walk through Pleasant Acres Nature Park in Jamestown.
- Check out the R/C Tracks at Advance Community Park and Abner Longley Park in Lebanon.
- Bring the family for food, fun and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Get centered during a free Community Yoga class at Blooming Life Yoga in Zionsville. Register for this 2 p.m. class as space is limited.