Need ideas for your weekend plans? Check out what’s happening in Boone County this weekend! We encourage everyone to review the BackOnTrack-IN Guidelines which include social distancing and require wearing a face covering.
Thursday, April 1
- Start your morning with a hike to spot birds! Join a Naturalist for the Morning Bird Hike at Creekside Park in Zionsville to see who’s fluttering around. Be sure to register for this 8 a.m. hike.
- Participate in the Step into Spring Walking Spree and enjoy the Zionsville Parks. Their flat, easy trails are good for strollers, wheelchairs, walkers, and canes. This inclusive walking spree has no required mileage amount so anyone can participate.
- Experience First Thursday’s at Sugar Creek Art Center in Thorntown from 5 – 8 p.m. This month’s exhibition is Death of a Thesis Show – a collection of creatives and canvas, featuring work by 2020 Herron School of Art graduates. JC Cocina will be open for dinner.
- Enjoy dinner and Live Music on the Bricks at Auberge in Zionsville beginning at 5:30 p.m.
Friday, April 2
- Join in a game of Friday Night Magic at Friendly City Games in Lebanon starting at 6:15 p.m. $5 entry fee.
Saturday, April 3
- Ramp up your fishing skills at Fly Tying for Beginners from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Moving Waters Outfitters in Zionsville. They will review several flies including streamers, nymphs, and dry flies. Call the shop 317.733.3014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Easter Egg Hunt at Lebanon Memorial Park. Kids ages, 2 to 10, will get the chance to hunt for eggs! The winner of each age group will receive a prize! The fun begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Enjoy stories and crafts during the Saturday Children’s Hour at the Tri-Area Library in Jamestown from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. (For children ages 2 through 10.)
- Your porch called. It’s over winter and ready for its close-up! Get creative with fresh, colorful annuals at the Spring Porch Pot Make & Take at Altum’s in Zionsville. The class begins at 10:30 a.m. Be sure to pre-register. $25+ per person.
- Bring the kids to the Whitestown Egg Tent-astic Event at Main Street Park between 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. This event will be similar to a trunk or treat, where families will travel from tent to tent, collecting candy at each stop.
- Check out the Easter Egg Hunt at Between the Pages Bookstore in Lebanon. Each child will receive a FREE Kid’s Book. Bring your Easter baskets for the 11 a.m. & 2 p.m. events.
- Bring the kids to the Community Easter Egg Hunt at Jamestown Christian Church. Kids from age 3 – sixth grade are invited to participate. The fun begins at 1 p.m.
- Join in the fun at the KPW Easter Egg Hunt at Tom Johnson Memorial Park in Thorntown. Kids up to age 8 are invited to the 1 p.m. hunt.
- Join Zion Nature Center Park Naturalists for Nature 101 Learning Series: Spring Flowers. This introductory class begins at 2 p.m. and covers our common spring ephemerals, field guide use, and how to use identification apps like iNaturalist. Space is limited, so be sure to register.
Sunday, April 4
- Bring the family for food, fun and tabletop games at Books & Brews in Zionsville from 12 – 8 p.m. Kids eat free!
- Check out the Self Love Book Club with Dr. Lane at Eden Family Practice in Thorntown. This month’s book is “Wild – From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail'” and begins at 3 p.m.
- Join your friends at the inaugural Denim & Diamonds in Zionsville on April 17. There will be socially distanced blinging and mingling, tex-mex dishes, hand-crafted beverages and live entertainment to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County. Tickets $100+.
- Get out and enjoy a run or walk during the Megan Hammerle Memorial 5K on May 8 in Lebanon. Proceeds to benefit the Boone County Mentoring Partnership. Early bird registration ends April 23.