- Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Golf Club of Indiana
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. – Registration and lunch (please be seated with your lunch by noon)
- 12-1 p.m. – Program
- Boone EDC Investor – $20 per person
- Non-Investor – $25 per person
- Boone EDC Investor Table of 8 – $145
- Non-Investor Table of 8 – $190
Topic: The 10 Simple Rules of Economic Development
- Our understanding of economic development is evolving from perceptions of it being “complicated” to the realization that is is actually “complex” and that complex challenges require a different approach – a set of simple rules that can help us shape and guide the way our economies grow. Scott Hutcheson will provide an overview of these 10 rules and give examples and practical ways they can be applied.
- Scott is a social scientist who, since 1992, has been seeking to better understand strategy and collaboration. His focus is on helping teams, organizations, and communities manage complex technical and social challenges.
- Scott has worked with over 500 organizations from industry, the public sector, higher education, and nonprofits from across the U.S. and internationally.
- He teaches for Purdue University and serves as a visiting faculty member at other universities, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Scott writes for academic journals, magazines, and newspapers. His latest book “Strategic Doing: Ten Skills for Agile Leadership” was released on May 7, 2019 by Wiley.
- Scott and his wife Lisa have two sons and live in Lebanon.
Registration has closed. A limited number of tickets are available at the door on a first come, first serve basis and payable by credit card.
To view our refund policy, please click here.